So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I'm afraid that I may have broken my truck today. After i finished the hole in my front yard, I wanted to wash the road crap (salt?) from the snow last weekend off and wash the rest of the dirt out of my trailer. I took everything to the car wash (foamy pic provided for proof). I washed the truck, trailer digging tools, and pressure washed the mud out of the jeans I was wearing while digging. That's twice in less than 6 months that my truck has been to a car wash. It may not start in the morning!:joker:

You must be registered for see images attach

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a crazy thought. Maybe you could build multiple small buildings and have them OK'd. After that, get a permit to connect them. Into one large one. Just a thought? I guess it would still be jumping through hoops, but might work.

I probably could do that, but this being NJ they'd make me apply and pay for permits and submit a raft of paperwork for each one rather than once. I don't think it will be a problem, they just want the money and enjoy making ppl jump thru hoops. Have to go to a zoning board meeting and let any neighbor who wants to object, object. None will but it's part of the formalities, then I can pay a bunch more permit fees and they'll let me. I'm wishing I never applied and just built it and paid their fine if they ever said anything, a better to ask forgiveness than permission kinda thing.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the survey done and applied for permit and got denied because even tho I have 6 acres I need a variance to build anything over 800 sq foot. Have to jump thru township hoops next.

So far all I have is some stakes in the ground where it'll be, but hopefully some time this year. :Thumbs Up

This is America! You should be able to build anything you want on your property without getting a permission slip from anyone.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. Something MD isn’t the worst about. My county isn’t too bad as long as you are building in the “back yard”. Still had to pull permits but it wasn’t really too bad. Geeze.

Greenie

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually it lives in a heated garage - but yesterday my 270K mile '93 7.3 IDI started on a zero degree (F) morning with no block heater. I was impressed.
Over the past few years I had the injection pump rebuilt, new injectors, but the one repair that made all the difference was replacing the original starter that sounded OK but would not spin the motor fast enough. More impressive was the starter came from Amazon and cost less than $100.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is America! You should be able to build anything you want on your property without getting a permission slip from anyone.

You would think. Next step is getting out of this state and find some unincorporated land somewhere south and do just that.

Wow. Something MD isn’t the worst about. My county isn’t too bad as long as you are building in the “back yard”. Still had to pull permits but it wasn’t really too bad. Geeze.

We're worse on gun rights too, but not by much. Where are you at LJ? I have a friend in Westminster Co., the road in front of his place is like a parade of diesels going by.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Achilles heel of these building permit knot heads is "money"! We have an 1800's farmet and when we decided to add an addition they obviously wanted a building permit coupled with numerous inspections. I attempted to be civil. We submitted a professional drawing of our intended addition to our home and it was rejected with for numerous reasons. I rooted in deep telling them "this is what I'm building, if you want my "building permit money", approve it or prepare yourself to pay for my compliance! I knew we won when I asked " what's the penalty for proceeding without a permit"? Their reply, " you can't build without a permit, we'll stop your financing"..... Lucky for us, we were building out of pocket! No permit, no inspections, and most important no BS! I really wonder if any of it is legal........

jrollf

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked " what's the penalty for proceeding without a permit"? Their reply, " you can't build without a permit, we'll stop your financing"..... Lucky for us, we were building out of pocket! No permit, no inspections, and most important no BS! I really wonder if any of it is legal........

Make double sure about that, around here if you get caught building without a permit they will forcibly condemn the entire property, bull doze it, and sue you for the demolition bill.

1993 F350 Crew Cab Dually
XLT
7.3 Factory IDIT w/Banks Sidewinder
5spd Manual

mexicanjoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We've built some sheds on my property here in the free state of Texas and due to ours being out in the county: NO PERMITS! The county commissioners tried to have city inspectors work for them, but no dice... The agriculture and oilfield lobby are too strong ...Now someplaces look like a 3 world country but not many...we try to keep out place neat and tidy. My neighbor was burning trash last month and caught his storage building, shed, a car and travel trailer on fire, and the flames traveled in our direction. All this during a "BURN BAN"!........well fortunately the fire department stopped by with 3 pumpers and managed to save my neighbors trees! He also received a citation for violation of the county/s burn ban.
My hope is to have my man cave ready by March, nothing special just a 10 X 10 shed for my stuff plus my recliner!!!! Will post pics soon!