So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a pretty decent day temp wise. After running around town a little bit the new hinge pins showed up.

Think they were due?
You must be registered for see images attach

Don't have to lift the door to close it anymore!!!

I also swapped out the broken rear window latch with a new metal one from Amazon. Needs some tweaking to fit properly but it's on there for now.

Tested my coolant today too.

Top picture is the overflow reservoir. Pretty good indicator of the old antifreeze, haven't added any to it, any mixing is from running the truck. Protection to what, 4 degrees F? Yeah it was definitely below zero the day it froze up on me, a friend told me it was -11 that morning at his place.

Bottom picture is from the radiator. I've added a full bottle of concentrate and another full bottle that I'm not sure if it was mixed or full concentrate. Protection to -20 F still a little weak but sooooo much better than before! I'm probably ok leaving it. Really doesn't get that cold very often and I can just plug it in if it will.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today started out pretty good, but almost ended in total disaster. After getting all of the toys ready to go to my brother's tomorrow and loaded up, I turned around with my trailer to load up some last minute small stuff. As I was turning around, I heard a loud clunk. I couldn't see anything so I went ahead and parked again. Then I saw a large stick laying where I had just driven. I thought that I must have hit it with the trailer so I moved it out of the way. Since my fuel gauge was reading about at the half tank mark, I decided to go ahead and get fuel after I left the garage. I drove on over to another town with some gas stations. At the stop light, I smelled a bad smell. As I left the stop light, the smell went away pretty quickly so I thought that it must have been back there. When I got out of the truck at the gas station, I smelled it again and knew that it was my truck and something had gotten hot. I started the fuel pumping and opened the hood, Nope. Then I noticed a faint hot brake smell. I started checking for hot brakes and the passenger's rear when HOT. As I got down to look at the brakes, I saw that the parking brake cable was hanging down very low and had a kink in it so I had hit the stick with the truck after all. I could also see a little smoke coming out over the top of the tire.I wiggled the cable and tapped on it with a pair of pliers, I saw more smoke and hoped that I had gotten it loose. I paid for the fuel and got in the truck headed south out of town. 5 miles south, I have to turn back to the west to get home, so I pulled over to double check the brakes again. The lug nuts were still very hot and I saw more smoke. I got out my jack and took the tire off. The brake drum was stuck tight, and me with minimal tools. I did happen to have a couple of tire irons in the toolbox on my trailer so I grabbed them and slowly worked the drum off. It probably took 15 minutes of prying on the drum and tapping on the shoes to vibrate them away from the drum, but I got the drum off. I grabbed the adjuster and backed it way off. Then I managed to work the park brake cable out of the arm that it rests in. After putting the drum and tire back on, everything was still free. I had to do a little more tightening of the brake adjuster, but it felt fine. I drove about another 5 miles and pulled over to check the brakes again. the lug nuts were cool! Another 10 miles later, when I got back to town, they were still cool, so I'm still heading out in the morning. I was just about to turn off onto my street when I remembered that I forgot to pick up the bag of ice that I had paid for at the gas station so I went to the grocery store to buy another bag of ice. As I was walking across the street to the store, I realized that the 5 hole trailer spare was no longer in the trailer. GREAT! I could have used the rim, but at least the tire was junk. Now if I have tire trouble with the trailer, I have to take the tire off of the extra 8 hole truck spare and put it on the trailer rim (I'm running 5 hole, 16" rims with 235/85R16s on the trailer). Of course this is why I had the tire irons in the first place. I sure am glad for this day to be over!

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have one more deer hunting trip planned for the old diesel & slide in camper. 1-1-20 thru 1-4-20 will be the last days of MD late muzzle loader season. Love cold weather camping \ hunting, hopefully bring in the new year with a "bang"! Then long wait for trout season followed by a ton of grass mowing before the guns come out again.......

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I went to visit my brother and his family for Christmas Eve. Of course I took some toys. He and I took his two year old son out for a ride that afternoon, but it didn't last long. The first fuel stop at 6:45 A.M. and a couple (the start and the reason we stopped early) from our ride.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had a pretty decent day temp wise. After running around town a little bit the new hinge pins showed up.

Think they were due?

Don't have to lift the door to close it anymore!!!

I also swapped out the broken rear window latch with a new metal one from Amazon. Needs some tweaking to fit properly but it's on there for now.

Tested my coolant today too.

Top picture is the overflow reservoir. Pretty good indicator of the old antifreeze, haven't added any to it, any mixing is from running the truck. Protection to what, 4 degrees F? Yeah it was definitely below zero the day it froze up on me, a friend told me it was -11 that morning at his place.

Bottom picture is from the radiator. I've added a full bottle of concentrate and another full bottle that I'm not sure if it was mixed or full concentrate. Protection to -20 F still a little weak but sooooo much better than before! I'm probably ok leaving it. Really doesn't get that cold very often and I can just plug it in if it will.

Diego?

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went to town to get water.

That's the old fire station where I am hooked up to get the water.

I am the only person who is not a resident of Index, who actually pays for my water.

It's not required because of legal hassles that the town would have, if they charged for it. So no one else pays for it. But I figure if I use the water, I should pay for it.

Now that I have the water, I just might hook up the pressure washer and wash the algae off the truck and that water tote.

rewbrooks50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two days. Replaced my 94 F250 Extended Cab front seats and console. Some hacking and fabrication to install 2015 Silverado front seats and console convertible seat. Removed carpet and rear seat. Started peel and seal on the floor for new black rubber flooring. I will post pictures in day or so.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in Jacksonville about two years ago on the way south when the water pump let go. Didn't want to inconvenience my buddy doing it in his backyard so we brought it to Brian Gray diesel. Very nice Ford diesel specialty shop. He did the water pump as well as flushed the system and replaced the coolant... Which side was the door hinge?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two days. Replaced my 94 F250 Extended Cab front seats and console. Some hacking and fabrication to install 2015 Silverado front seats and console convertible seat. Removed carpet and rear seat. Started peel and seal on the floor for new black rubber flooring. I will post pictures in day or so.

Yeah, pictures!

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was in Jacksonville about two years ago on the way south when the water pump let go. Didn't want to inconvenience my buddy doing it in his backyard so we brought it to Brian Gray diesel. Very nice Ford diesel specialty shop. He did the water pump as well as flushed the system and replaced the coolant... Which side was the door hinge?

Yeah I know, I saw the invoice. I was surprised when it froze up on me the other day.

Drivers side. Passenger side seems ok at least for now.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I asked my wife what she got me for Christmas and got a fight or flight stare. I handed her a box and she wrapped it. So nice of her to get me a new winch contactor for my truck.

Went from this:

To this:

Oldiron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Temps have been down to near zero. Even with it pluged in last night I had to use starting fluid. I have to do that a couple times now.

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Added an old set of bixenon projector hids as fog lights. Wired up the trigger for the cutoff to the high beams so when the headlights go high beam so do the fogs.

Reactions: dgr