So what did you do with your truck today?

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want some now! But not LED, that’s too bright for interior. I have LED interior lights in my Dodge. Nice sometimes, but usually just too bright.

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Nero @KansasIDI the bullnose had footwell lighting in the xl and up trim level. I have found that most are always burned out though.

If I remember correctly my 89 had them also.

James

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah well mine is a custom so that makes sense. And how the ones that have it are burnt out. Odd how my truck actually seems fancy for a custom. Does the name imply that you could customize it however? I thought custom meant base model until I bought this truck… the seats are far from bare bones. Factory power lumbar! Even works.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen a truck that had kick panel lights. Unless it was a bullnose thing, but it was so long ago since I owned one that I don't remember if mine had it. I just know all the bricknoses I've owned never did.
Floor lights are factory to the bullnose if you have the lighting package: map, cargo, ash tray, glovebox, and floor are All apart of it

Thomas87

Reaction score
Huh, my 87 is an XLT Lariat, I thought that meant it had all the bells and whistles possible. It seems that isn't necessarily true. I don't have the foot well lights or power lumbar. I wonder what other things were options, and how I can add them in! Haha

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Well that makes sense then. My old bull nose was the explorer camper special, but basic Betty past that.
Wonder if those lights exist as an option for brick nose. Would be nice to have.

Austin86250

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well that makes sense then. My old bull nose was the explorer camper special, but basic Betty past that.
Wonder if those lights exist as an option for brick nose. Would be nice to have.
i didn't know i had them in my truck for a long time i was running wires and noticed them, poped a bulb in it and good to go

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 Bull nose does not have the under dash lighting. Must have been added later or was a Dealer option?

Where the dash lighting is, there are the blue plastic things the bulbs shine through to give the back lighting the blue glow.

Goat

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 86 Bull nose does not have the under dash lighting. Must have been added later or was a Dealer option?
My 83 xl has them. Both of my 84 xlts have them. And the 85 lariat parts truck has them.

I agree with @Austin86250 I think it is all a package deal. All of mine that have it, all have the map and cargo lights also.

James

Thomas87

Reaction score
Anyone have a bricknose truck with the footwell/kick panel lights? If so where are they located? I wonder if it's possible I do have them and they are burnt out and I've somehow never seen them. I do have all the map, cargo, glove box and ash tray lights in my truck.

Cant Write

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Towed my self back to shop, happy to have a truck to tow with a supportive family with a trailer to borrow.
You must be registered for see images attach
One moment your loaded with a welder and torch, next moment you’re on a trailer......what happened?

rreegg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those aren't usually hex, they're torx. Using an Allen key will strip them out. Unless someone swapped them before.

They use the torx or hex capscrews because of clearance issues. Using a regular bolt, you can't get a socket on it around the strap.
haha yes you're right indeed came right out with a t40. must've been dark and dirty down there last night because swore it was allen even though it made no sense

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tank got a new inspection sticker today. I rewarded him with a full tank. I was headed to the gas station I normally use when I saw Diesel for 30¢ cheaper per gallon. Score!

Rdnck84_03

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Thomas87 I just went and checked my 89. I thought I remembered it having them when I was driving it, but I couldn't find them. It is an xl model with the map and cargo lights. So I'm guessing they didn't come with them.

James

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online