So what did you do with your truck today?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got up early so I could go hook to this bohemoth and move it across town! "They" say our trucks ain't that tough but if "they" coulda seen the raw torque and power on charts and graphs that my NA 6.9 was generating through a German engineered ZF5 and being transferred to the ground just to move this MONSTER (that's right Miata is Hebrew for "something like bigfoot")"they" woulda been in tears(like I'm sure you are now, or at least after you look at the picture). ROCK ON!!!
My eyes did tear up. Picture was blurry and well you know.

captain720

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, I got up early so I could go hook to this bohemoth and move it across town! "They" say our trucks ain't that tough but if "they" coulda seen the raw torque and power on charts and graphs that my NA 6.9 was generating through a German engineered ZF5 and being transferred to the ground just to move this MONSTER (that's right Miata is Hebrew for "something like bigfoot")"they" woulda been in tears(like I'm sure you are now, or at least after you look at the picture). ROCK ON!!!
You and your teeny tiny loads smh ;)
I moved this gigantic beast that dwarfed all others.
You must be registered for see images attach

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You and your teeny tiny loads smh ;)
I moved this gigantic beast that dwarfed all others.
Awesome! You keep that up and you'll be looking for a wrecker! But hey, I tell you what, that's a ranger but I got a suspicion that bronco 2's are going to be a hot item at some point so scoop them up.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
just to move this MONSTER (that's right Miata
There used to be a company that put 5.0 Ford engines in Miatas and called them Monsters when they sold them.
but I got a suspicion that bronco 2's are going to be a hot item at some point so scoop them up.
If I was looking strictly for a play toy, I wouldn't mind building up a Bronco II. I'm talking about a V8, solid axles out of a 1/2 ton, maybe 37" tires.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There used to be a company that put 5.0 Ford engines in Miatas and called them Monsters when they sold them.

If I was looking strictly for a play toy, I wouldn't mind building up a Bronco II. I'm talking about a V8, solid axles out of a 1/2 ton, maybe 37" tires.
I didn't know about the "monster" thing, but I figured there was a 5.0 conversion out there. And I wouldn't be interested in "building" one, but I can imagine a trend of 40-50yr olds wanting a baby bronco.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
but I figured there was a 5.0 conversion out there.
Those have been around since the 90's I believe. I don't want to street drive one. I've driven them and wasn't that impressed. That's where the toy part would come in. It would probably be trailered to wherever it was used. Pulled by an IDI of course.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I drove a Miata with a Ford 300 six once. Actually only one I’ve ever driven. Tight under the hood lengthwise. But it drove real nice. Just about perfect power to weight ratio.

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks like a nice Massey Ferguson, Mr. Dirtleg. MF is dear to my heart.

I found and talked the Girl into a MF1020 a coupla years ago and gave her a bushhog (4ft) for it and she goes to town on things around the Place. All gears, no hydrastatic. Works good. She loves it and reminds me to find the right rims to put hybrid ag tires on the back. Right now it has turf tires.

I changed the oil and filter on the F-350 this morning and looked 'er over and discovered that I had overlooked a rotted out battery tray, so Jeff's just got another order.

Been working on getting this beast ready for inspection and I had run the old oil until I was sure that I had put the rear main crankshaft seal in correctly. Not leaking so I treated 'er to a fresh jug of Shell synthetic blend.

What kind of oil does everyone else use..?

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I no longer have the 135. During my divorce the ex sold it and my MF 235 based forklift.

I still have the MF 390 in this picture. Just got the rebuilt engine back on the transmission last Saturday.

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that a Massey 135 Orchard in the back ground?

Like this one.

The green Fenders and yellow Rims are a dead give away....JD.

I have a 84JD 950, and the neighbor down the road just gave me his Kioti CK30, have 635 hrs.
It`s at the dealer having them fix a few things...can`t beat free.

Goat

XOLATEM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, for a time those MF machines were proud to be together.
Just look at the stance of those iron and steel babies...

I'da been proud to run any of 'em. I saw a MF399 near you recently and I was eyeballing it mighty hard.

Captain 720...can you enlighten me about those clutch and brake pedals on the JD that you find more suitable..? Just curious. I never worked on or ran many JD's. The goofball that inserted himself between me and the parts I needed to fix 'em never seemed to get things right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7