So what did you do with your truck today?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can only imagine the deleterious effect this will have on the resale, lol.
The license plate almost looks factory, I actually had to study the picture for several minutes before I saw it. As far as resale, just explain the the potential buyer that these engines will run off of waste motor oil and its a lot cheaper than diesel or gas.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They're not mine yet, but I've been watching these trucks for 2yrs. The NW Florida jungle is eating them. I left a note in the nearest mailbox more than a year ago, but never heard from anyone. And since I did a bunch of job swapping I haven't been in that area for several months. But since I was in the area today I went out of my way to make sure they were still there and to take a couple pictures to share with y'all. I did leave another note today to see if someone would sell them. They're both turbo IDIs, the blue one has ground effects. This is the stuff I see buried out there in the jungle. I thought about starting a thread "pasture IDIs" it might be depressing though, at least for me.

Attachments

• IMG_20220614_113032.jpg
    IMG_20220614_113032.jpg
    767 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20220614_113043.jpg
    IMG_20220614_113043.jpg
    724.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20220614_113133.jpg
    IMG_20220614_113133.jpg
    758.2 KB · Views: 14

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I installed a floor pan and bent a new channel section for my weatherstrip, glued and screwed. I also put in a license plate for a section that had a hole and stress-cracks around it. License plates are flimsy, wouldn't recommend (I did it as a joke, but its a semi-permanent joke)
Ingenuity at it's best!:cheers:

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah its still on the planning board, and i could say its like most towns and no progress has been made yet lol. my lift i would use to work on it has been occupied with paying jobs so hard to turn them away. way she goes i guess lol.
I know that feeling.

PossumTruck

Reaction score
As far as resale, just explain the the potential buyer that these engines will run off of waste motor oil and its a lot cheaper than diesel or gas.
WMO is definitely flowing through the system - tried and true, lol. I imagine they will also overlook that its PLmax instead of 3M, given the fuel savings. I do intend to replace the screws with steel rivets - mostly for my own sake when working under the truck, lol. But, then again, maybe not. Its hot outside.

But, really, if the truck ever dies and I cant fix it - I plan to make my kids find this under a pile of junk in my barn when I: 1) outlive my wife, 2) die many years later (their problem, then).

PossumTruck

Reaction score
Ingenuity at it's best!:cheers:
Its funny that even though I have a welder, and sheet metal, I didnt judge such "quality" work to be a necessity (on this particular piece of equipment). I have now done some actual panel bonding stuff with automotive adhesive (on a modern vehicle) and am sold that it is a good way to go when you don't want to weld (or cant).

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed these bad boys today, and while I was in there I finally wired in the back light for my air bag gauge under my dash.
You must be registered for see images attach
Is that blue skies?

We are supposed to see some blue in patches tomorrow, then right back to the rain...

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Is that blue skies?

We are supposed to see some blue in patches tomorrow, then right back to the rain...
Haha no that's my windshield tint at the top. It's overcast through tomorrow here, then more rain!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Right off the top: there's no pictures here. I got called back to help with the wiring on the flat bed that I helped install on Sunday. I sure could see that one coming from a mile away! I got out of my truck and announced that I really hate wiring problems. That was good for some chuckles. So who figured out the problem? Me. There's a junction box on the flatbed where the bed wiring and the truck wiring meets. There wasn't any power coming out of any of the posts inside the box. I asked if the box is grounded. I got a well it came off of a working truck. That's not what I asked. I wanted to know if the box was grounded and judging by the cut wires inside it, I wasn't betting on there being a ground. Amazingly enough, when I figured out which post was the ground and grounded it, they lights started working (sarcasm strongly used here). I made my friend who owned the truck run a dedicated ground wire from the ground post to the truck frame and then we got all of the lights that don't need to be replaced working. He was confused because he was thinking about the wiring like a RV style plug. Since the truck's a 1998/99, it's not wired that way. He couldn't understand that the brake lights and the turn signals use the same wires. I finally convinced him of that and he got the lights working correctly. Then I went back home.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had to haul a car that had no steering for someone today.

Stress tested my welds on the trailer jack by driving forward with it down.....

Luckily everything held, must have done something right! Tweaked the mount on the trailer a smidge.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That single bolt saved the day,lol
Seriously though, good looking welds.

Rock

Lol!

The welds on the black part were already there. It's the grey part I repaired a little while ago (the jack itself) I was referring to. I plated it and put that round mount back on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online