So what did you do with your truck today?

TygreII

Reaction score
My radiator sprung a leak. Ordered and just received a Champion. (There are no notable radiator shops in Rapid City, SD) I'm trying to decide if I should replace a bunch of stuff as long as I have the radiator out. How do you test the fan clutch?

I have all the belts and hoses.

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My radiator sprung a leak. Ordered and just received a Champion. (There are no notable radiator shops in Rapid City, SD) I'm trying to decide if I should replace a bunch of stuff as long as I have the radiator out. How do you test the fan clutch?

If you spin it and it keeps spinning, it's bad. It should stop when you stop.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score

I would also change out the coolant if you did not plan to. Suggest a SCA coolant like Fleet Charge.

When you do your upper and lower hoses you should also do the two heater hoses and your tranny cooler hoses if you have an auto. (Perhaps you already bought them.)

I would also do the thermostat as it is a wear item. Only use a Motorcraft one.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Yesterday everyone got a good scrub down, replaced the hitch on my dad's crew cab and installed convex mirrors. Today used my dad's crew cab to go have some fun.
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I helped a friend install a flat bed on his truck this afternoon. It's not entirely finished. There's some lights that need to be replaced and some wiring that needs to be redone, but my part's over. I got a pair of frame mounted hold down brackets for the front of a slide in camper as payment. The park brake cable was run through the brace on one and I cut a slot in it to remove it, but I can weld it back together at work.

Attachments

• 101_2104.JPG
    101_2104.JPG
    341.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 101_2105.JPG
    101_2105.JPG
    422.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_2107.JPG
    101_2107.JPG
    330.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_2108.JPG
    101_2108.JPG
    365.1 KB · Views: 7
  • 101_2109.JPG
    101_2109.JPG
    406.7 KB · Views: 7

TygreII

Reaction score
I would also change out the coolant if you did not plan to. Suggest a SCA coolant like Fleet Charge.

When you do your upper and lower hoses you should also do the two heater hoses and your tranny cooler hoses if you have an auto. (Perhaps you already bought them.)

I would also do the thermostat as it is a wear item. Only use a Motorcraft one.
Thanks Bart.

I didn't think of the heater hoses. No worry about tranny hoses, I've got a manual.

I just replaced the thermostat and was putting the new belts on when I found that my Alt belt was too short. Since that one goes on first, I'm going to have to wait putting stuff back together.

12pilgrim

Reaction score
Going to replace my worn door hinges. Painting these right now..it's too hot to be outside!

Attachments

• 20220613_180911.jpg
    20220613_180911.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20220613_180922.jpg
    20220613_180922.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 5

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Going to replace my worn door hinges. Painting these right now..it's too hot to be outside!
I hate you right now. LOL

We are STILL having the coldest, wettest spring and early summer on record. I have TWO heaters going!

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
..it's too hot to be outside!
HOT!!! You haven't seen HOT!!! It was 97F today, and probably 90+° humidity, luckily I was delivering out of a truck with AC. I feel for the UPS guys, except I know what they get paid. I thought I was going to die when I was out of the truck, but since I've lived in NW Florida my whole life I know how to chew air fast enough to keep my oxygen levels up. But really, the hinges look great! You'll have to retrain yourself to closing your door now that it won't sag.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7