So what did you do with your truck today?

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got edited for using the word bug ger. Had to put a space between the "g's" or it would've did it again?????

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea... I got edited the other day in one of the other threads when I was talking about a Ford E scort.......... I have turned a bunch in to get removed from the list.... but some just surprise me they are even on there.....

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Yea... I got edited the other day in one of the other threads when I was talking about a Ford E scort..........
I've been hit on that one myself. Apparently I'm not supposed to talk about the only new car that I'll ever own?

Jesus Freak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You bunch of foul mouthed diesel truck operators! Hey, it's not a IDI but I got my 86 bronco running today! I had to pull the motor and put an oil pan on it. I did valve cover gaskets too as well as freeze plugs. The previous owner (a kid) stripped the oil plug incredibly bad and someone put rubber expansion plugs in for freeze plugs. They had replaced the distributor but never set it. What's weird is its a 1979 302 block with the "AGA" designation at the end of the block #, so it's a Mexican motor. And I think it's stroked, the top of the piston skirts come about 1/4" below the cylinder. I really don't know, and don't care. But I got the timing set and figured out what firing order belonged to this particular 302 and she runs like a scalded dog! So now my wife has 2 running vehicles again, and I can work on my tow truck tomorrow!!!!! FREEDOM!!!!!!

ISPKI

Welding/metallurgical engineer/Metalsmith
Reaction score
Welding thin sheet metal is a ******. It's gotta be clean, you need a good ground, and welder settings need to be spot on. Obviously you already know all of that. Looking good!
It sure aint perfect but boy howdy is it solid now. I bet it'll be alot quieter in the cab now that it doesnt have a dozen speed holes in it.

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
Restoration on my 94 super duty is nearing completion on the driver side. next step is to cut out the reinforcing gusset under the floor and weld in a new one and then paint and coat everything thoroughly. Welding in the corner was a real PITA trying to fit my spraymaster in there.

You must be registered for see images attach
Did you TIG or MIG that?

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is as far as I’ve gotten on my little budget frame off.

I don’t have any photos but I ran all the fuel and brake lines. Also installed the tank and skid plate. I’ll be re looming the frame harness and cleaning it up then it’s onto swapping my cab over and doing some interior work. I have new carpet and stuff and I want to try some things for my sound system

Attachments

• 82D81882-3740-49B8-89F0-4AC992D4CCFB.jpeg
    82D81882-3740-49B8-89F0-4AC992D4CCFB.jpeg
    421.2 KB · Views: 16
  • B07B9C5D-C177-41DC-952C-BB306480E329.jpeg
    B07B9C5D-C177-41DC-952C-BB306480E329.jpeg
    241.4 KB · Views: 15
  • 219A251F-77FA-4BE1-A514-E8E1E1190C4E.jpeg
    219A251F-77FA-4BE1-A514-E8E1E1190C4E.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 16

ISPKI

Reaction score
This is as far as I’ve gotten on my little budget frame off.

I don’t have any photos but I ran all the fuel and brake lines. Also installed the tank and skid plate. I’ll be re looming the frame harness and cleaning it up then it’s onto swapping my cab over and doing some interior work. I have new carpet and stuff and I want to try some things for my sound system
I am envious of how clean your shoppe is.

ISPKI

Reaction score
It’s 100% a working shop so I try my absolute hardest to clean it up after I use it every time so my grandad doesn’t trip over my junk. When I was younger I was pretty messy lol
My metalworking bay was originally a tri-axle bay, so it is quite large. The door opening can fit two vehicles side by side, around 18 feet, 20 feet high. Great work space but ive had an on going restoration in it for 5ish years and it has just been an absolute mess this whole time. Seeing your shop makes me want to just pull everything out this summer, trashcan what I dont need immediately, and reorganize. It is so much nicer to work in a clean and organized environment.

Laine D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My metalworking bay was originally a tri-axle bay, so it is quite large. The door opening can fit two vehicles side by side, around 18 feet, 20 feet high. Great work space but ive had an on going restoration in it for 5ish years and it has just been an absolute mess this whole time. Seeing your shop makes me want to just pull everything out this summer, trashcan what I dont need immediately, and reorganize. It is so much nicer to work in a clean and organized environment.
We have 3 bays in here. The far bay (the one pictured) is basically the random bay. That’s where they cut all the Steel and usually store the boat and stuff. The other side is much more cluttered with tables and racks haha. I’ve said it a million times but I’m so lucky my grandpa lets me use all his space and tools because it still is a running shop.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
We have 3 bays in here. The far bay (the one pictured) is basically the random bay. That’s where they cut all the Steel and usually store the boat and stuff. The other side is much more cluttered with tables and racks haha. I’ve said it a million times but I’m so lucky my grandpa lets me use all his space and tools because it still is a running shop.

My guess is, he is more than happy to let you use it, because you WANT to use it. Most "kids" (please do not take offense to that word, I know your are young, but not a kid) would rather be sitting somewhere on their phone, or gaming system. You broke your truck using it, and enjoying being out doing something, not driving to Game Stop to buy a new game....

My Dad is the same way... I've worked with him in the garage (shade tree mechanic stuff and working on all the Cub Cadets we have) as soon as I was old enough, up to a couple weekends ago (and will still in the future). I needed the room his garage provides, and he was more than happy to let me come work. Difference is, now Dad is in his mid 70's (I'm pushing 50.. LOL) and he is much more of a supervisor now, than a working partner.... and you know what, that is just fine with me. I'm glad to still have the opportunity to have him out there.

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Drove my truck for the first time since February. Went and filled it up for a camping trip in a few weeks before fuel goes up any more than it already has. Still was $160 to fill...