So what did you do with your truck today?

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I got to play supervisor, tool guy, gofer, and get the truck ready for my trip in the morning. My friend with the 94 PSD called and said that his front wheel bearings were bad. He asked what axle is under his truck (how the "F" would I know that?). We determined that it was most likely a D50 (which it is) so he bought the parts. I went to my garage to get my socket for the hub nuts so that he wouldn't have to buy one. I also loaded up a couple of three wheelers so I wouldn't have to do it in the morning. Then I got to supervise the process and go to the store and buy some paper towels for him to use. He has a shoulder that is hurting so I finished driving in the inner bearing race and put the seal in for him. He finished the driver's side and decided to call it quits for today. We were doing this by his brother's house (about 2 1/2 blocks from my house) and afterward helped ourselves to some beer in his fridge since he wasn't there to say no.

You must be registered for see images attach

ComatoseLlama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After probably 60 hours I’ve finally got her running, although not too great. I think the timing is very retarded, it’s around a quarter’s width to the drivers side on the timing marks. Does that sound right from the video? Just got my DTI so I’ll time it next weekend. Knocks bad when I try and accelerate

Had a terrible time getting the lines to bleed, after 3 hours and a burnt out starter I came across a pirate 4x4 thread saying to just tow it behind a tractor in third with all the lines closed, and it worked!

my piece of advice to anyone motor swapping a turbo truck: take off the transfer case and pull the trans, engine and turbo piping together. And put it back in the same way. Fighting those turbo pipes with the trans in the way is AWFUL

vid below (that’s me whistling at the dog not a belt)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited:

Farmer Rock

just a fella' without a 10mm socket
Reaction score
Today was so nice out, I just had to go for a drive in my f250, and it ran great.
After getting home,I finally got around to fixing my starter switch wiring, that had a dead short in the output wire to the starter solenoid, so I ran a new wire from one wire on the clutch safety switch to the solenoid and it started right up and now my"gauges" now work! But........ It started sucking air and surging like crazy then immediately stalled. The gauge said half tank when this happened so it all goes together. The rear tank was bypassed by the PO because the pickup went bad, so I was expecting the mid tank's pickup to go pretty soon, and sure enough! I will be replacing both tanks with a single 38 gallon tank in the next couple weeks hopefully, so I don't really care. I am just glad it happened at home! As far as I know, both pickups are original, so 206K miles and 34 years ain't too bad .

Rock

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Today, I drove about 100 miles south southwest to see a friend. He has a body shop and I had him paint the deck of the trailer that I'm putting together to pull behind my Gold Wing. He got it done a few days ago. It's a HF special that is designed to have a plywood floor, but that wouldn't last very long so I welded some expanded metal to it for the deck. He's also into three wheelers so I took a couple along for him to check out. He made sure to curse me since he now "has" to get one or the other. I had wanted to get back to my garage by 1:00 so I could get something done, but that didn't work out very well. I got there about 9:15 and we were BSing so much that I didn't leave until about 5:00 this evening. Oh well.:dunno As I was getting close to leaving, he mentioned that he had some customers who had him paint their Brick Nose CCdually. He got it painted and then they wanted him to take the running boards off. Since he still had them, I ended up buying them for the Ex Wife. I don't know what they're worth or would cost to buy, but they are fairly period correct so I gave him $100 for them. I didn't really want to pay that much for them, but he didn't charge me anything for painting my trailer deck, so I didn't complain. After I finally got back to town, I picked up the torque wrench and the hub nut socket that I let the guy from yesterday keep a hold of so he could use them today. That just about covers it for today.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tyler9828

Members online

No members online now.