So what did you do with your truck today?

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Painted rear fuel tank, shield, sending unit. Got driver side speakers working. Stripped quick connects from rear tank lines at FSV. Blew compressed air through rear tank lines. FSV adios. Waiting for OLDBULL's shipping label. Drove the truck around Harrisburg for a couple hours running errands. Can't believe how quickly it starts with cleaned up battery wiring and starter cleaned out!

Ruger_556

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regret selling it... And bought chains for my dd. It was struggling a bit in the snow drifts. 2wd doesn't push through them very well.

You must be registered for see images attach

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
I had to do the starter in a parking lot. Than my speedo quit working immediately....

Haha sounds like fun. That's the way it goes... Always gotta do something at the worst times/places. I've had to replace a u-joint in the middle of a highway before haha.

Moved the trailer with it.

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
Haha sounds like fun. That's the way it goes... Always gotta do something at the worst times/places. I've had to replace a u-joint in the middle of a highway before haha.

Moved the trailer with it.

It wasnt bad, was almost 50 out that day, and I have had the starter out before to change the solinod on it. Had the starter out in a couple mins, took longer to find a replacement.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3 coats on tank, shield, filler neck, etc, etc... Back in the truck! Manual selector hoses run. Need 3' of 3/8 and 3' of 5/8 to finish that tomorrow and see how she runs on MANUALs

Orange and Green are company colors for the curious ones....

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool :)
I just thought orange was a cool color to have. Color of my Harley and alma mater

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks cool :)
I just thought orange was a cool color to have. Color of my Harley and alma mater

Thank you, sir! Wish I could have done more. Would have like to replace the fill pipe (see crushed section) Replace the rusty sender instead of painting it, but hey, money doesn't start growing on trees for me til Spring time!

Orange is definitely a cool color ;Sweet that's why I picked it...:D Being the boss has its benefits sometimes...

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much of a pita is it to drop the tank?

Not bad, actually. I did a write up on it here...
http://www.oilburners.net/forums/showthread.php?67956-Shower-Head-Rear-Tank-Removal

Has pics, etc. I had it out, sanded cleaned, and one coat of paint in a day off the clock. That included computer breaks, lunch break, running errands.

PB Blaster, some kind of light source are beneficial. Tools are minimal. 13 and 15 mm, one deep socket, one wrench. screw driver for the quick connect clips. My setup was not stock so I had 3 ring clamps at different points on the filler neck. I do not know the stock setup for that.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just thought I would post a pic of this for those of you conspiracy theorists that subscribe to the theory that Ford deliberately restricted the 7.3 IDI turbo engines so the Powerstroke would sell better..... Sure there are side by sides out there but I don't care. I'm posting these anyway...

Can't comment on power... I didn't notice a big difference, but I ripped off my rusty ass, multi diameter, whatever was laying around, half witted weld and rig job of an exhaust and threw it like a javelin as far as I could....

So it sounds really, REALLY nice....:D

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Is that factory? Wow... Worse than a 4.0 jeep downpipe.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Drove it to work today. Its well earned vacation is coming up pretty quick here so I'm giving it as much of a run as I can.