So what did you do with your truck today?

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well started a trip to haul 1 horse today at 2 am. Just now home. Was in a residential area slowly climbing a steep road and saw 205 degrees on the coolant gauge.. Wow... That was scarey for a minute cause I NEVER see temps that high.. I have way too much radiator keeping things cool. Even my oil temp was cooler than that. I was climbing in 1st gear most of the trip up the hill too. About 2500 rpm. About 650 pyro and 190 on the trans temp.. A good day it was to run it up there too.:angel::thumbsup:

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Started on doing balljoints, axle u-joints, and inner seals.
Whew man. What a job. Lol

Got started way too late.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

idibeast1986

Reaction score
just let her sit in the driveway while I filtered out 20 gallons of straight vegetable oil to fill the tank up

Sycostang67

Scooty Puff Junior
Reaction score
I got my coolant filter installed today. I did however make the mistake of assuming I had more coolant to top it off. The bottle ended up having old dirty coolant from another project so it's off to the store for another gallon.

You must be registered for see images attach

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did an oil change on the PSD, replaced the tailgate latch and got the tailgate opening properly again (even the lock on the latch works!). Removed the one remaining nerf bar as well.

Slowly dealing with the list of little things... next big thing.. brakes. Thats this weekend.

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Spent pretty much the whole day in chrysler country at a junkyard ripping apart PT Cruisers. By the time I got to the ford truck side, I had less then a half hour to get parts I needed. All I had time for was the instrument cluster. One of my worm? gears mushroomed at the end of the cluster I got with a trip odometer off ebay recently. Tan gears are not your friend. See photo

In the speedometer/trip odometer, both gears are green. They turn the same way when your cable is spinning. In the case of a tan gear, it turns the opposite way. It will increment the trip odometer, but actually make the speedometer do nothing or go backwards. If I make the speedometer go forward, the trip odometer goes in reverse to 9999. Hah....

Remember this if you have the same problem. Don't even waste your time on tan gears (80,81,82, etc) years.

I had no choice, as the trucks of my vintage are ***** beyond even giving a s*it to look at... Clusters, gone. all dash pieces, gone. maybe a clock is left, but that is pushing it. I think I own a rare ferrari that the interiors get torn up and parted out fast? I've seen interiors stripped to the bare cab metal even....

Good grief. not only do I need a "rare" green worm gear, I also need a instrument bezel surround with a glow plug/etc cut out. Looking at the gassers, they all have storage cubbies. Fine and dandy if I didn't have a glow plug light that needs to show what's going on... :dunno :cry: $80 on ebay for a triple gold plated lariat 6.9 diesel instrument bezel is a joke. I need a xl or a xlt surround, not the gold plated one. Who cares, save it for someone else who needs it!

The only thing I can contribute is it appears all instrument clusters have holes drilled for tachs in them. Each I took apart had 4 precut holes in it for the tachs. No need to drill. Here's hoping the PO didn't trash the rest of it by hacking up the surround and trashing the hi beam light for the boost/pyro gauge....

Last edited:

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
I have a good speedo out of a 1988, other parts on the cluster if you need them, PM me.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spent the weekend tripping over it while trying to get my other vehicles serviced.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took my IDI to get new dash bulbs for my PSD. It fired right up like I ran it an hour ago. Put new dash bulbs in my PSD, much more better than only 1 working illumination bulb located around the 80Kmph mark.

I also hauled a 350 vortec from one end of a farm to another to be installed into another truck. Hauled an engine hoist as well. This PSD has no idea what it has gotten itself into, its going to see lots of hard work. Its also going to see proper maintenance as well. :)

hallgren87idi

Reaction score
i brought a load of firewood to my buddy and the old hag wasnt happy with that today. it ran fine as usual, but the front end started hoppin around 30-40 mph. so its gonna have to get looked at, cant really afford the work on the front end at the moment so my old f100 will see some more use

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i finally got the dash back in the truck after starting the painless harness install. i would have got much more done, but the woman was over and it was a bit cold out.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to start my IDI and discovered the starter has a problem that makes it go "crank crank BANG" good thing the ol girl is on vacation!

Did the front brakes on the PSD.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
On Monday I towed the stock trailer and the beef steer up to the locker. Approx. 8,000lbs. Unfortunately the ol' 460 is getting weaker by the day... I had a hard time keeping speed on the hills, and barely was able to notch up to 65 on the freeway... I had it floored almost the whole time, and got 5.3MPG...Ugh!

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Drove it to work and back, same as every day.

Noticed that now my heat only comes out of the vents... I can hear the blend door move (or try to) when I switch it. Worked fine this morning. Also noticed my blower kinda sucks on the heat settings but blows like a **** on max ac.