So what did you do with your truck today?

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
I took mine to the mountains this weekend. 400 miles, lots of hills, snow, gave her a good workout. Got her nice and dirty too. She liked every bit of it!

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Got it ready for a 600 mile trip... Gonna be fun doing that without cruise. I'm planning to pick up my parts on the trip.

f250ap

Reaction score
Been raining all day so I had to get my ol girl out in the mud with the boys and had a blast

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually nailed down an issue I've been having, which was a fuel leak under the truck while and after running as well as a very poorly running engine. Wasn't the fuel pressure, wasn't the balmy 22 degrees this morning, rather it turned out to be an injector line on cylinder 1 that was ******* out behind the injection pump. Was fun to get to, had to remove a couple of lines to get there, but pulled the old line and replaced it with another I took off of my older 86 SCLB. Truck smoothed right out after bleeding affected lines, and even bled the others just for giggles. No real improvements after the initial bleeding, but it was worth the effort.

At some point I may just have to source out some new lines when I go through the engine I am "borrowing" from.

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pulled, painted, and installed the dipstick tube. I have been dealing with a leaky valve cover that was so graciously depositing the leaked oil into my starter and flywheel housing. I replaced the valve cover recently after removing, dismantling, and cleaning the starter and VOILA!!! A really snappy starter GETTING FULL OF OIL! ***??? Well, upon closer inspection I found that the dipstick tube had popped out of the oil pan and was spraying oil into the same places the leaky valve cover was.... No o-ring to speak of and the dipstick tube looked like a mongoose was gnawing on it from the rust pitting.
You must be registered for see images attach

Unfortunately, I didn't get any pics of the tube after paint and install...

Yep, that's the notch for the oring with nothin on it and the damn tube is all but hangin out of the coupler....

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys see that drain plug to the right? I'm assuming that is a coolant drain plug and a sensor for the engine temp? Kinda took it for granted that the "Made In ..." embossed on the plug would say USA..... It says CANADA..... Does this mean the engine was built there or just the plug? Just curious.... Where can I find out where the truck was built?

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should be able to tell from the VIN. There are decoders out there I believe.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Never seen a plug like that. (Not saying no one else has, just not me personally)
A lot of the trucks were assembled in Canada.
I'm betting you pulled the dipstick out when you did the valve cover gaskets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally finished the brakes on the PSD. I don't think I have ever had to replace so much of the brake system at once before in any of my previous vehicles.

But now I can stop without the annoying banshee announcing my activities all the time!

mu2bdriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On Friday I took out the 1G alternator which kept giving me regulating problems and put in a 3G system. Getting all the unnecessary VR wiring out of there gives it a clean look and charging is much better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online