So what did you do with your truck today?

Zaggnutt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that factory? Wow... Worse than a 4.0 jeep downpipe.

You must be registered for see images

Yeah that's factory.... Looks like someone stepped in the middle of a Calzone. Yours looks like they threw it into a rock pile and turned it a couple times.... That's bad! I thought ours was bad!

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

today was it's work out day. 3 loads of this stuffed to the bed rails. Definitely got some pissy injector(s). Fuel system replacement time!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Work makes for a very happy Ford :D

Feeling a little out of sorts though?

mohavewolfpup

Diesel Wolf Puppy
Reaction score
Work makes for a very happy Ford :D

Feeling a little out of sorts though?

It just reinforces getting the system replaced before hauling a trailer in november over the I-15 and two mountain passes. At 75 unloaded on the freeway egt's shot up and it smoked white some. I imagine it would be far worse pulling a 32' trailer over cajon/summit passes.

Oddly also, sometimes you would romp on it to get the load going, and it would pour (some, not a big plume) black smoke. Other times in the same area, it would puff white smoke. Everything i've seen indicates leaky injectors... so time to replace em!

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
It got up to 55 degrees today(cant remember when we seen that) so I washed out the salt and road sand from the winter. The neighbors think I'm nuts. An hour laying on the ground watering my truck.

1466IH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It got up to 55 degrees today(cant remember when we seen that) so I washed out the salt and road sand from the winter. The neighbors think I'm nuts. An hour laying on the ground watering my truck.
I always wanted to take an old lift and put it on a pad outside for doing stuff like that but who has an extra 1500-2k laying around just to make it easier to was vehicles lol

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Took a load of trash and crap to the dump,then a 130 mile round trip to buy a few odds an ends for the house! 60-65 mph and got 9.23 mpg,didn't think it was to bad for a windy day in kansas,nice to get her out and do a little work for a change

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got stuck. Several times. Got a tractor stuck a couple times too...

It's been raining for a couple weeks and a friend needed his 10k toy hauler moved to his new house... And parked in the grass... That had just been torn up earlier last year... Did I mention it's been raining for awhile?

We spent about 3 hours getting it out of his old property(Again, parked in the grass) onto the edge of his new property- I say edge because he wanted it over by the shop and I said HELL NO I'm not getting stuck again.

It's really sad when you have "Four wheel drive" and yet you can watch the opposing corner tires spin in the mud.

ironworker40

NYC Ironworker
Reaction score
"It's really sad when you have "Four wheel drive" and yet you can watch the opposing corner tires spin in the mud."

It's even worst when your stuck in your 4wd diesel and people in cars are driving around you! I had it happen on the beach in Daytona Beach Fl. Really embarrassing. LOL

Still Strokin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm putting a brand new set of 295-75-16 bfg at's on brand new factory alcoa's from ford on ol black today, if i get time i'm installing an upgraded turbo housing from russ typ4 while drinkin beer watchign the race