So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out to @saburai place and picked up Diego. Man this truck is a beast. Not sure what's wrong with it that I didn't have to floor it up some of the hills like I do in my truck LOL

Impressed by the difference a turbo makes!

Going to be doing a few minor fixes/tweaks for now. I may consider buying it but I'd probably have to drug my wife to get her approval on another vehicle LOL

You must be registered for see images attach

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went and got a ton of pellets with my helper. Going to try some supplemental heat this winter. At least maybe make the house more comfortable even if it doesn’t do much for the electric bill. New furnace install Friday.

carsonlhammond

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Took her hunting this morning. Is it just where I am or are they small everywhere this season? Not enough size on the ones I seen this morning.

Idk where you’re at but over here in the Sierra Nevada foothills there’s still a lot of good 3x3’s and 4x4’s and a few non typicals, like some of the craziest looking non typical stuff I’ve seen outside of magazines. But I will say that the majority of the deer I’ve seen this year being posted by people around me are dinky little forks. Quite annoying as it’s been this way for a few years now and I fear we’re going to have a serious problem if someone doesn’t step in and up the size to kill. Like nothing less than a 3x3 instead of a fork IMHO.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh that looks nice -Drool-Drool-Drool

Thanks! :D Just waiting on some split sheathing so i can finish it up. In the meantime doing window seals and trying to de grubify-the interior.
Found someone chopped up the interior of the doors to fit an oval speaker that didn't belong there, IDK what possesses ppl sometimes cookoo

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Went out to @saburai place and picked up Diego. Man this truck is a beast. Not sure what's wrong with it that I didn't have to floor it up some of the hills like I do in my truck LOL

Impressed by the difference a turbo makes!

Going to be doing a few minor fixes/tweaks for now. I may consider buying it but I'd probably have to drug my wife to get her approval on another vehicle LOL

Told you that while the old mule is nothing to look at, the experience from behind the wheel is a different kind of veiw! If I had the money to leave the pyro and boost you'd have really been impressed with a few more pounds of boost! Keep your fingers crossed, the old mule might just grow on her...

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Told you that while the old mule is nothing to look at, the experience from behind the wheel is a different kind of veiw! If I had the money to leave the pyro and boost you'd have really been impressed with a few more pounds of boost! Keep your fingers crossed, the old mule might just grow on her...

It's really not a bad looking truck. It's quite solid, a little rough around the edges but I've daily driven trucks in far worse shape. I've bought trucks in FAR worse shape lol.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
like some of the craziest looking non typical stuff I’ve seen outside of magazines.
So how's this one strike you? This was opening morning and the guy in the picture got him before I did. He did suffer from ground shrinkage, but I still would have been proud.

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Took her hunting this morning. Is it just where I am or are they small everywhere this season? Not enough size on the ones I seen this morning.

Size matters and all that hee hee. But more than one customer here has said something similar, although she said there was definitely a quantity over quality so far.

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
Just got back from a 2100 mile trip to pick up a fresh bed to replace one damaged in a wreck a couple of months ago. Yes, the trip was worth it, I also got to visit a bunch of in-n-out hamburger places (a hobby of mine) during the trip and also got to use some invaluable information learned from the late, great Towcat.

My truck has developed a new issue: on a cold start after sitting for 8 hours or more, the engine starts right up and runs for about 3-4 seconds, then quits. After a bit more cranking, it fires up again and remains running. I am guessing there is a little leak somewhere between the IP and lift pump. If anyone else has had this, please enlighten me.

But that is not even the best part! I am 400 miles from home at a hotel parking lot, 6:30am and the switch rod in the steering column breaks. The key just turns around and around! Fortunately, the switch broke in the on position, so I remembered a little seminar Calvin showed us at a get-together some years ago. It was how to start an IDI without a key. Get a hot lead to the fuel cutoff solenoid and jump the magnetic switch on the fenderwell with a screwdriver. Thankfully, it started right up again and I drove home without having to spend the day with AAA and a strange mechanic.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So are you going to use over-the -counter or the illegal kind?:angel:

Depends on what works! I'm open to suggestions LOL

Worked on my Brother in law's Honda for a while today. After that I decided to grab an old parts column from the barn.

Diego has a broken ignition actuator and an EXTREMELY loose steering wheel. I have a column that I pulled off an old plow truck. I managed to bust a snap ring in it and partially collapsed the inner shaft at some point. I tore it all apart and fixed it and greased it up good. Should pop right into Diego and fix both problems at once!

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Compared to mine that one is a show room floor model.....