So what did you do with your truck today?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Check out this video:

Getting the tire bead to seat on the rim without using ether.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

that is pretty slick, if cant get it with a blast of air or a ratchet strap i break out the ether. a little fun but i always worry about damage and usually loose all the hair off my knuckles. my kids enjoy the show but i will have to give this a try next time.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Check out this video:

Getting the tire bead to seat on the rim without using ether.
I have seen this method used in real life and I did consider doing it. The problem is that there's enough of a gap between the tire and rim that I'd have to use two tubes like this. I'd also have to drive for 70 miles one way to find those kind of tubes. After thinking about what I had done, I think that if I run my air hose differently so that the expanding tire doesn't hit it, I would have better luck. At least the air chuck would stay on the valve stem.

Selahdoor

How can I help you, or make you laugh, today?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seated tires on rims many times by just clipping the fill hose on the valve. Then picking up and bouncing the tire.

Even very hard to seat tires have worked when I did that.

By the way, I discovered the very best "lock on" air chuck! Spendy, but it actually WORKS. Still working after several years of using it. (Most don't work very well, right out of the package. Of those that have worked before, it was just a matter of time before they didn't work any more.)

https://www.amazon.com/Haltec-H-5265-Standard-Lock-Chuck/dp/B01938M8MW/ref=sr_1_44?crid=27INEJQQ85DH&keywords=air+fill+chuck&qid=1570552310&sprefix=air+fill,aps,230&sr=8-44

Seriously, this one is worth every penny. Locks on, and won't let go. I've even ****** the air line around enough to risk tearing out the valve stem, and it has never let go. But doesn't damage the valve stem threads.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I have seated tires on rims many times by just clipping the fill hose on the valve. Then picking up and bouncing the tire.

Even very hard to seat tires have worked when I did that.

By the way, I discovered the very best "lock on" air chuck! Spendy, but it actually WORKS. Still working after several years of using it. (Most don't work very well, right out of the package. Of those that have worked before, it was just a matter of time before they didn't work any more.)

https://www.amazon.com/Haltec-H-5265-Standard-Lock-Chuck/dp/B01938M8MW/ref=sr_1_44?crid=27INEJQQ85DH&keywords=air+fill+chuck&qid=1570552310&sprefix=air+fill,aps,230&sr=8-44

Seriously, this one is worth every penny. Locks on, and won't let go. I've even ****** the air line around enough to risk tearing out the valve stem, and it has never let go. But doesn't damage the valve stem threads.

thanks, this has been an issue for me. i finally got one that screws on the stem nicely by it restricts the flow to much. if a drill bit does not fix mine i will give this a go.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thanks, this has been an issue for me. i finally got one that screws on the stem nicely by it restricts the flow to much. if a drill bit does not fix mine i will give this a go.

Yeah me too, I've been planning on buying one so this is the one I'll get now!

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like the screw on types. You lose air while taking it off. And for an old man's back, every second longer that you have to spend bent over because you are screwing or unscrewing the thing... ugh.

This one clips on like the quick connect on your air line. Pull back on the piece, shove connector on the valve stem, let go of the piece. Done. Same for removal.

Jason1377

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Discovered I have a fuel leak by fuel filter head besides by back passenger side glow plugs.still have brake issues my ebrake is fine still have super stiff back brakes no leaking of brake fluid so breaking down Friday having a local grey beard idi owner shop work on it, most of the labor will be paid off in a barder trade. I'll learn something new about brakes.

P.s you lot make me want to relearn mountain/dismounting tires to save cash.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P.s you lot make me want to relearn mountain/dismounting tires to save cash.

Picked up a cheap HF tire machine and mounted it to a pieced together pallet type base about 4 years ago. I did my 285/75r16 tires on the truck. Did a few odd ones thru the years and just did 245/75r16 on my 1999 Grand Cherokee. I use balancing beads (several places on the web to give you ounces for the size tire your mounting) It has worked awesome. I saved several hundred $ by purchasing tires off of Ebay sellers and mounting them myself. The balancing beads made the 285's (off brand mud tire) run smoother than the name brand AT tires before them. The machine had to be reinforced at the bead breaker but for the $, I'm satisfied.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally ... had the parts for 2 weeks!

You must be registered for see images attach

Finished shifter & reverse lights...for now

Last edited:

Selahdoor

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finally ... had the parts for 2 weeks!

Back up lights?

Looks great!

IN the bumper? On the bumper? Daylight pic?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7