So what did you do with your truck today?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Back up lights?

Looks great!

IN the bumper? On the bumper? Daylight pic?

Yes Sir. 100 yard+ back up lights!
Light Pods: AISN - no longer available @ Amazon - :
B07KZGW9G6

Thank you!

Under bumper. For mounts I used: AISN: B07DKZ38M2

I'll get daylight pics. when I get them "leveled" / looking good.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drove the truck to work today. I don’t drive it much to work but it was Thursday which historically is a little lighter traffic and besides, I thought I’d help a buddy out and save him a long trip to drop my trailer off.

This is why I don’t drive it to work much.

You must be registered for see images attach

My clutch leg is sore.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Budd of mine had some lady run a stop sign and totalled his blazer (that he had JUST bought from his dad, hadn't even had time to register it in his name yet)

Went to the garage and picked it up to take it to his house.

He actually drove it into his driveway after a jump start. I was kinda impressed actually.

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I replaced the rear diff seal.
Noticed it was leaking a month ago when I drove it to work because I had to haul something home.
Not ready to tear the axle apart, but she needs it. Lots of slop in the pinion itself, the yoke was sloppy loose when I pulled the driveshaft. I just put in the new seal and tightened it to the point there wasn't hardly any slop in the yoke.
She'll get rebuilt in the spring, truck's going to wear a plow and other than that be hardly used this winter.

Seal had turned itself into a 2-piece. LOL

Exhumis

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New batree, did some timber improvement at one of my hunting spots, hauled back some pallets to make a table for the wife.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
SUCCESS! I got my tires mounted today. After I FINALLY found a smooth highway, the Equal Flexx in the tires made it a really smooth ride. I could just barely feel a slight vibration. That was probably from the right rear tire. While I was fighting to get the beads seated the other day, I wasn't very careful and had probably an ounce om mote of the Equal beads fall out before i realized it. I'm guessing that there's not quite enough in there to get rid of all of the vibrations. I dismounted and then mounted 8 tires today in all. Three new ones on the truck, I had to remove one from a spare rim (I had to throw that on the rim just so that I could get home the other night). The better two tires went on my two spare rims while the worse ones went on the rims on my pickup box trailer. I even got the new cowl seal installed although it's hard to tell in the picture.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I could have actually had the second tire on the truck the last time that I messed with them. The inside bead had seated from the ether. All I did was to set the tire on two 5 gallon buckets, lube the outer bead, step on the rim, and give it some air and it went right on. I didn't want to fight the other two tires so I bought a couple of inner tubes Friday. I put them in the tires and aired them up to spread the beads apart. Then I set them in the sun today for a couple of hours to warm them up. It just took one shot of ether to get them seated and I was very happy about that. I also ran the air hose through one of the holes in the rims so that the tire wouldn't bump it off of the valve stem when the ether took effect. I included a picture of why I didn't think that the bicycle tube trick would work. It's hard to tell, but there's about 3 1/2" between the tire bead and the rim where it seat. I've seen two tubes tried, but when the tire started to air up, one or the other would push out and the tire would lose air. There was two of us trying to hold the tubes and it just wouldn't work. My method also saved me from driving the extra 140 miles to Wal-Mart and back.

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Very clever!!! :D
Thanks, but I can't take credit for this. When I was working at the Goodyear store back in '06 and '07, I was the one who went out in the country and fixed or changed out all kinds of farm tires (mostly). I learned this trick while working there. We'd do it on large tractor and combine tires. Roll them in the shop, air up the tubes, and let them sit overnight to warm up. I could have taken them in there and paid to have them mounted, but I'm too stubborn for that. the whole reason that I did this was to prove that there is a way to save a large amount of money when buying tires.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My method also saved me from driving the extra 140 miles to Wal-Mart and back.

Holy cow you know you live in the sticks when Walmart is that far away. If I drove 140 miles in any direction around here I'd pass at LEAST three Walmarts LOL

PLEASE post back after you drive those in some kind of snow. I'm extremely curious how they handle it. Poor snow reviews is the reason I ruled them out. Having a 2wd dually up here you need all the help you can get in the winter!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Holy cow you know you live in the sticks when Walmart is that far away. If I drove 140 miles in any direction around here I'd pass at LEAST three Walmarts LOL

PLEASE post back after you drive those in some kind of snow. I'm extremely curious how they handle it. Poor snow reviews is the reason I ruled them out. Having a 2wd dually up here you need all the help you can get in the winter!
It's 70 miles one way to Wal-Mart. Still quite a ways though. I seldom snows much here. When it does, most of it ends up in the ditches from the wind. Since I'm living only two blocks from work, I'm not concerned about snow tires. Of course the 4X4 helps even bald tires in the snow. I'm mostly concerned with the tread life. I have a friend with a 94 PSD who has them and his are getting good tread wear.

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We got a foot of heavy, wet snow Friday and Saturday. It's more snow than we got all last year. I fired up the plow truck for the first time in a year and spent the morning plowing our driveway. Nobody here is really prepared for heavy, wet snow.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finished this truck several months ago, just never took any pics to forward.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7