So what did you do with your truck today?

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sooooo...... Free delivery?

As if, I'm thinking this wasn't the shipping co's first oopsie cause they made sure to get paid up front. It happened because it came from Fla where it "started right up every time" according to the salesman, but in NJ in Feb. it needed those non working glow plugs that weren't an issue in the south and dragging it off the carrier it got away from him. I'm still satisfied though, it's got only a light dusting of rust here ane there, much better than anything around here so a few pieces of plastic aren't really an issue.

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As if, I'm thinking this wasn't the shipping co's first oopsie cause they made sure to get paid up front. It happened because it came from Fla where it "started right up every time" according to the salesman, but in NJ in Feb. it needed those non working glow plugs that weren't an issue in the south and dragging it off the carrier it got away from him. I'm still satisfied though, it's got only a light dusting of rust here ane there, much better than anything around here so a few pieces of plastic aren't really an issue.

So they didn't compensate you for the damage at all? That's not right...

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So they didn't compensate you for the damage at all? That's not right...

I got the dealer I bought it from to send me new glow plugs, that was it. The driver was some Russian kid in a old Dodge Cummins with a Kaufman hauler and the company name taped to the door. Kid looked like he was barely scraping by, was scared sh!tless it was gonna get him fired so I didn't make an issue of it. TBH I was gonna replace the lights and grille anyway, just had to add the header panel.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The driver was some Russian kid in a old Dodge Cummins with a Kaufman hauler and the company name taped to the door.

I get those a LOT at work. I can't help but wonder if someone has some kind of work visa program going on. Wouldn't bother me one bit if they actually spoke English.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Readjusted my timing. I had gotten tired of messing with it when I originally set it. I was around 10 degrees. Today I bumped it down a smidge, looks like it's right around 8 now. I'll run it and see how it feels.

Finally yanked out the Chevy washer fluid tank I tossed on to pass inspection three years ago lol.

When I was at Wes' I picked up a washer reservoir and pump. Got it installed and half tested it today. I don't have a washer nozzle to use it with LOL but I'll get one heading my way very soon. Need to get this licked before salt season. I am going to avoid driving it this winter as much as possible, but you know something will come up.

I considerd putting this gasser set up with the washer and coolant reservoirs together in my truck. Looks like it would free up some underhood space. I didn't try it, but don't know why it wouldn't work.

You must be registered for see images attach

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
New Injectors and glow plugs today. ZD-9s and factory fresh Stanadynes. I love that all 8 of the injectors brand new cost me only a few bucks more than ONE rebuilt injector for my 6.0

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes Sir. 100 yard+ back up lights!
Light Pods: AISN - no longer available @ Amazon - :
B07KZGW9G6

Thank you!

Under bumper. For mounts I used: AISN: B07DKZ38M2

I'll get daylight pics. when I get them "leveled" / looking good.

Just edited my original post ... realize now that I should have done that differently.

Finished reverse lights and shifter mod:

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
I considerd putting this gasser set up with the washer and coolant reservoirs together in my truck. Looks like it would free up some underhood space. I didn't try it, but don't know why it wouldn't work.
I've been thinking about doing this to mine too since the washer squirter quit working and the overflow has a hole it it. Of course, I may try something different too since I'll just have to change it all around later when I do my turbo install.:dunno