So what did you do with your truck today?

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Got the spare motor unloaded last night.
Think I'm gonna tear it down and get the heads rebuilt, run a *********** hone through the cylinders and rering, new gaskets, and head studs.
Might try to find an e4od, shift kit and harness too.
Is that the right adaptor plate?
Will this motor work? I think it was from a bus.
You must be registered for see images attach

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm just going off of memory, and it's been a while since I did anything but change out the starter in my truck last week, but that adapter looks right to me

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
Knocked the bushings out of my F-Superduty front leafs and shackles. A big press and torch made it a 30min job. Next up build a track bar drop bracket :)

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the fortune of changing out an injector line, I changed out both primary and secondary fuel filters, the belt on my vacuum pump, and the starter after it finally wore out after bleeding out the fuel system when the truck died coming down an incline. I believe I am not sucking in all the fuel in my front tank. The gauge also quit after moving the tank selector, so I think the selector valve is a ****. Will have to do some experimenting. Also still have a leak, and not sure where the hell it's coming from. Engine is also running rough. And things would get done quicker if I didn't have to do it all outside since my brother thinks it's better to clog up the shop with projects he rips apart then forgets about for at least 9 mos. That wasn't the reason I set the shop up on the farm.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Think I'm going to pull the injectors out of the spare motor and have them tested, they're supposed to be recent rebuilds.

Did this last night. Will work till I step up to 3-4".
You must be registered for see images

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Think I'm going to pull the injectors out of the spare motor and have them tested, they're supposed to be recent rebuilds.

Did this last night. Will work till I step up to 3-4".

I've got one of those! Its nice a loud.

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a fancy grill with clear marker/signal lights to go with the fancy aftermarket headlights. I am really gonna have to think about repainting my truck now. The accessories are starting to make the paint job look bad! LOL

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed a fancy grill with clear marker/signal lights to go with the fancy aftermarket headlights. I am really gonna have to think about repainting my truck now. The accessories are starting to make the paint job look bad! LOL

is your front bumper bent? or is it suppose to be like that? just wonedering

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Whoever built it didn't build it straight. But it was a $20 bumper so I figured I'd just adjust it one day. Also the metal piece under the grill isn't bolted to the driver side fender and it sticks out more on that side. It really amplifies the crooked bumper look. I'll get to it one of these days.

Last edited:

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey, those headlights look like they have those nice replaceable bulbs. Do they? Where did you get them from? I was looking at a set from LMC, but am not impressed with their idea of improved headlights. And were they really expensive?

Thanks in advance!

Can30Diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They are replaceable bulbs. They have some kinda super bright halogen ones in there at the moment. I got the light kit from my Dad for free and he picked them up at a garage sale a couple summers ago for 40$. I don't know if I'd be willing to fork out the money for a set of those lights or even this grill assembly (which was also free in exchange for computer work for a buddy) unless I had extra money burning a hole in my pocket. The stock lights worked just fine. I apparently now have an aluminum headache rack and longbox side rails with a diamond plate toolbox coming my way soon so stay tuned for more pics!

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Helping a friend move, 150 mile loop 3 days in a row. Gonna need fuel tomorrow afternoon.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m2rtin