So what did you do with your truck today?

bbjordan

Snow Monkey
Reaction score
Earning its keep in the GWN.

The antique with the Red Neck 6.9 rebuild pulled a dual axle trailer full of clothes to Prince George. -17C, icy roads, blowing snow.

4WD all the way. The first part of the journey it got 4.4 km/l that's about 10.4 US mpg. Not bad I guess. I think the timing may have been a little retarded, as I had it running awesome with a mix of 50% Bio/50% #2 Diesel. I told my son to put some cetane booster in the tank and see if that made a difference. Haven't gotten the details if it helped or not as I didn't drive it, my son did.

Anyway, it made it without any problems. WooHoo!

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally got the turbo on ( mostly) i still have some loose ends to tie up but the turbo is on the truck and first test should be friday

You must be registered for see images attach

Wellused

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everytime I read this forum,I have to run out and check something.Today was the throttle cable(from todays post's) and sure enough..I might be getting 60-70% of the throttle with it on the mat(which it was a few times last week towing neighbors car home) Seems like next is a complete flush and coolant and of course the additives so I dont have to worry about cavitation.Now to get that criuse working....

fordf350man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got to pull my buddies powerstroke to my place today, he had a fuel leak at the water drain, had to replace the o rings and he has no tools and isnt a mechanic at all so i did it for him and he filled up my tank for me, wanted to be on the safe side and not drive it, here is a pic when we got the chain on the trucks, had to mess with him about it though, he always gives me grief for not having a turbo

NO_SPRK

User & Abuser
Reaction score
a van filter head will bolt up to the engine and should work with the turbo. fyi :D

finally got the turbo on ( mostly) i still have some loose ends to tie up but the turbo is on the truck and first test should be friday

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Bought fuel filter, oil, and oil filter.
Put fuel filter on.
Wouldn't start.
Held pedal to the floor and cranked while BIL sprayed ether. Drove it.
Its getting pretty cold out now.

88beast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no spark that was relocated over there for a reason, i wanted more room in that area, some day itll get something bigger and better.

89Laredo

Underemployed
Reaction score
Left Tuesday night, drove ~ 500 mi.
Woke up yesterday and drove another 300. Finally got home last night.
Truck used a gallon of oil.

jrad235

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine used about a gallon every 1100 Miles on my trip to Vegas, but I was at 12000 Lbs at altitude, so she was working.

aofarrell2

Turbo Desirous
Reaction score
Yes. Lol
Looks like oil filter is dripping. It burns a shitload too though.

Lol. Mine won't use any, then it'll use a quart, then it'll be done til next oil change. Crankcase never gets below 5qts. I always full with six. It never smokes either.

Sent from my HTC Hero S using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vinceslamer