So what did you do with your truck today?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday myself and @Thatoneguy pulled some 7.3s! Going to be on market place soon, still making an inventory...
You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Saturday myself and @Thatoneguy pulled some 7.3s! Going to be on market place soon, still making an inventory...

Keep the motors, send those rust free texas bodies my way :D

Duke57

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Treated her to about 25 gallons of filtered motor oil in fuel tanks, greased her, changed pass side rear wheel seal and bearing to updated design and took it to the end of the driveway to take out trash get mail and feed th chickens. Then rode around the property for about 30 mins.

That is a nice looking truck!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Co7ld be very interested in flex plate of turbo engine if factory turbo...

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up my new car trailer and Mercedes. The car alone is 5k pounds heavy sob. The idiot I bought the trailer from removed the 7 pin connector and installed a 4 flat so the trailer brakes no longer worked. I just finished re wiring it all and now it's good as new. Truck pulled it no problem and stopped it fine with no brakes

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replaced old 3g alt, probably worked but thought i smoked it. Belt was slipping, thought it was pspump. Headlights turned off for a few seconds too... might be time for relay mod.

New belts all around, fixed ps return leak with new hose. New napa 6637 filter in place of autozone spectre filter.

Last week i wired up both electric radiator fans and added three gauges-voltmeter,coolant temp, and oil pressure. Only gauges that reliably works in dash is speedo and fuel. Id like to gut it and make my own. Probably due for a new pyro, the banks one stops working every now and again. Oh and the voltmeter vibrates/flutters when my electric fuel pump is running, not sure how ill work around that yet.

Looking for tires and dana 60 now, may just settle for realignment again but towing probably throws it off anyway.

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You'll appreciate the gauges. My water temp gauge is a lifesaver. I'll be towing heavy and my stock gauge will be past the l on normal and my mechanical gauge will only be around 210, before I would pull over and freak now I realize it's a crappy old factory gauge.

rustygold

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@rhkcommander just put a half load or 3/4 of a load and to realignment. We had a guy come back a few times and said it pull to the left the guy looked like he weight 500 pounds and he was driving a pt cruiser. So we have a guy at the shop that was about 300 or so and we add some more weight to the driver side to get close and then aligned it. He came back and said drives like a dream now.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Replaced old 3g alt, probably worked but thought i smoked it. Belt was slipping, thought it was pspump. Headlights turned off for a few seconds too... might be time for relay mod.

New belts all around, fixed ps return leak with new hose. New napa 6637 filter in place of autozone spectre filter.

Last week i wired up both electric radiator fans and added three gauges-voltmeter,coolant temp, and oil pressure. Only gauges that reliably works in dash is speedo and fuel. Id like to gut it and make my own. Probably due for a new pyro, the banks one stops working every now and again. Oh and the voltmeter vibrates/flutters when my electric fuel pump is running, not sure how ill work around that yet.

Looking for tires and dana 60 now, may just settle for realignment again but towing probably throws it off anyway.
usually the probe fails and not the gauge on the Banks pyro set. I purchased mine from ebay and paid much less than Banks for the probe. It was incredibly difficult to remove the out bad unit from the up header. Banks installed it nearly 20 years ago so it was in there tight. Had to remove down pipe. Use my oxy acetylene torch to warm it up.Then cool with Aerokroil a few times. Then double wrenching it and finally it gave in. Was a good feeling too. Used anti seize on the replacement too so the next fella removing it wont have my troubles.

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good food for thought guys! I am much happier with working gauges. I wish the tach worked but it never has, new sensors didn't change it. I must have a short in the wiring somewhere I think - without a sensor it will sometimes move.

I tried breaking the probe loose when I swapped engines, it will be a fight for sure. Not looking forward to that one but some day I will get it done. I want reliable gauges, and that one is very important!

While hooking up the wiper motor, I found out the old ground line was cut. I couldn't find what that wire went to, but it was thick - at least 12 gauge. Is that just for the wiper? It looks like the rubber isolators would keep it from grounding there? Either way I ran new ground wire here.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fuel filter light kept coming on from time to time in chip truck.I changed the fuel filter 2 or 3 times before it dawned on me that,the filter light only came on,with the rear tank selected lol.
So finally,I raised the dump bed,unhooked my lines at the back tank,hooked them to my front.I knew if the problem followed,it was the tank selector valve,if it didn't,then the NOS pickup I bought a little while ago would be suspect.
So I hooked up the front tank,on the selector valves rear port and sure enough,the light flickered so time to change the valve.
Since the back tank started to get used,I kept seeing small black plastic pieces in the duralift bowl/screen.That finally cleared up after 10 or so tanks run through it but I suspect it probably plugged up the selector valve.Probably too difficult to try and clean.It's been in there since I got the truck and replaced it back in '09 so I just ordered another one.
It's a poly tank,so I dunno where all the plastic shavings come from.Must of been left in there after they cut the hole for the sending unit? Maybe a feller should also rinse out a new tank before he uses it.Anyway,I know it's cleaned out now so the next valve should last.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance