So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That looks all too familiar, mine broke at the pedal a while back and this week it broke at the ip. Both sides are held together with clamps and zip ties but I ordered a rock auto throttle cable this week to replace it, hope I don't run into the same issues, maybe try to find a nos one on eBay?

I hope yours works out fine too. I remember looking them up and the NOS ones were 2-3x what I paid.

I had to replace the factory one because it must have broken at the IP, it was wrapped around the nub like 4-5 times and by the time I got it off only ONE STRAND was left. Talk about lucky, I drove it home from Texas like that :eek:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Usually for "good" reason. Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

What reason? Being stuck halfway in the road during rush hour is fun! Everyone should try it! :frustrate

It's like my buddy used to say about work. We do it nice cuz we do it twice!!!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Installed the block heater.

The one I got from a member here like 3 rallys ago.

I'm on a snail pace haha

Also got the rear shocks on and finished the front end (I think??).

Took whole family out in it aiming for bumps but not many around here.
You must be registered for see images attach

After Working for vw for so long I got into the habit of hand torquing wheels all the time. It's a good workout haha

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my truck setup going for the long haul. Installed my in bed fuel tank. Got my transfer pump out to setup into the bed tank and broke out my ball air pump to move ware motor oil. I'm going to be mixing wmo with diesel to run in the tank and the air pump moves anything I put in front of it. I also picked up 4 drums of wmo to start burning.

catbird7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Continue inching along on the cab swap. She's almost completely stripped and ready for body work & paint. Just need to remove fender liners, wiper motor, & seat belts.

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well after pouring gallons of fluid through my power steering system and resealing the pump to no avail I finally broke down and ordered a reman steering gear. I've replaced Cardone remans quite a few times so I decided to give Lares a try. $190 plus core locally or $175 including core, two day shipping, and a new rag joint from RockAuto, guess I'll wait for it haha.

It's to the point where I get about 30miles before I lose power steering. Far less if the engine is already hot thinning the fluid out. Sick of adding fluid and don't want to completely blow whatever seal is leaking while going down the highway with a trailer this weekend.

I think it's called Canyon Red. Factory color. Current cab is two tone however new paint will be one color.

If that's the darker red I absolutely love that color!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
I got my friggin truck running the other day. Charged up my 2 vatozone group 65's, one of which has a cell that leaks fluid out like crazy, aka they are crap. Bled the lines, and viola, it was running.

Its getting ready to move to its new home 200 miles away from its current. That's where it will get torn down and fixed in every single way...

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Added good louvers to get rid of the REEDICULOUS underwood heat. Out here in so cal with the insulation my engine will still be too hot to touch hours after shutdown

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Changed out the steering gear for a reman. Nasty job because the old one was leaking so bad for so long. We'll see if it FINALLY stops leaking now!

Added good louvers to get rid of the REEDICULOUS underwood heat. Out here in so cal with the insulation my engine will still be too hot to touch hours after shutdown.

Neat idea! My engine was still terribly hot when I got done!

IDIBRONCO

IDIBRONCO
Reaction score
Last night I finished porting the heads on my 7.3. This morning I took them to a machine shop. I spent about 15 minutes talking about valve recession and other tolerances. He seemed like he understood, but I guess I'll see. I know it wasn't my whole truck, but at least it was PART of it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lewisstevey7

Members online