So what did you do with your truck today?

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replaced the rad.Set of pads and FTSV on chip truck.She's ready for some Monday action.

You must be registered for see images attach

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So you're saying I'm in good company!

Did you have a good diesel shower today replacing your tank valve?? I got drenched! I think I got about a quart in my hair lol. The shirt I was wearing didn't even come inside.That's not even worth trying to wash.:D

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you have a good diesel shower today replacing your tank valve?? I got drenched! I think I got about a quart in my hair lol. The shirt I was wearing didn't even come inside.That's not even worth trying to wash.:D

Honestly I haven't even ordered mine yet! :p

I've been contemplating a manual ball valve. How long did yours last before needing to be replaced again?

I got a nice shower the other day bypassing it though! I took two more showers with soap and water that night to get rid of the smell! First time I've ever put cologne on BEFORE bed! I need to disconnect the wires and make the gauge work properly while I decide what to do.

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It lasted 112,000 miles and 8 years.However,I haven't used it for switching between tanks until the last couple years because the rear tanks pickup was rusted and never worked.I replaced it with a NOS pickup and started using the tank for a couple years.I kept getting plastic filings in my electric fuel pump screen and had to constantly wash it out.Evidently the new poly tank had a lot of shavings in it and should of been rinsed out before use.Anyway,I suspect these shavings plugged the port.Rather than frig with trying to clean it,I just grabbed another one.I didn't want to take too many showers experimenting lol.Anyway,for 70 bucks if she goes another 100k,it will be worth it again.Though not much fun changing,it only took a few mins.
I dunno if I'll have this truck for another 100k though.It should be an F450 too.I certainly use it like one.:D At some point,I really should build up another F450,probably making use of a lot of chip trucks current parts.I dunno.Maybe I'll just keep running her into the ground.She doesn't owe me anything at this point.

Last edited:

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well no leaks,in the 80's today,goes up a steep hill without the need for the fans to turn on.Hovering around 200 then up to 210 on the hills,then cools back down on her own without fans.Just empty.8k lbs truck.So seems to work as well as the older ready rad copper/brass 3 core.Now to see if it will last.

New pads up front are nice.No more grinding.:D
Fuel tank selector fixed all that ailed her.No more fuel filter light, flicker on the rear tank.

Now after the Pats put the Texans away,I'll fill her up,wash and vacuum her out and she'll be ready for another week.

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I broke my blend door today trying to turn on the heater. It's been a fighter over the last few years but usually some gentle persuasion would get it to switch from hot to cold, but today it finally snapped. I've heard the legends about how hard these OBS dashboards are to remove, now it looks like I get to learn for myself.

The cherry on top is that I've been waiting for an excuse to pull the dash so I can finally remove the aftermarket alarm system. So I get to pull an OBS dash *AND* screw with the wiring for my entire truck. I'm not gonna screw this up at all :rotflmao

On the plus side though, being in California means I don't really need a heater, so I can put this nightmare on the backburner for a while. Procrastination is the answer to all of life's little problems :D

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I pulled out the stock exhaust, relocated the the GPC, cut and bent the firewall, moved the oil pressure senders, thermo wrapped the downpipe, up pipe and crossover. Poked the turbo oil drain hole in the valley pan and pulled the tranny dipstick. Making progress! Turbo soon:)

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Had both trucks full of wood.Just went and unloaded them after watching the Pats take another lose.:( Now all set to work both trucks tomorrow for a load of rakings with chip truck then a load or two of logs with log truck and finish up the big job I've been on,tomorrow.Just in time for tonight's game.;Sweet

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got the firewall finished and the turbo installed :Thumbs Up
Tomorrow throttle cables, air box, clean up and odds n ends. Next on the list: boost and pyrometer. Then it's install exhaust, time and turn up the fuel!

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I used some DEI heat shielding sound deadening stuff. It's probably overkill as its rated for 1750 degrees :eek: It was a PITA to work with as its quite stiff making it hard to conform. Not cheap either. But hey, it seems like it will hold up and it was available amazon prime which made up for my poor planning cookoo

Richard Clasby

Reaction score
I pulled the Glowplug relay (controller) off same with the turbo inlet so I could get to the glow plugs and injectors now I'm making the fuel return lines... my current truck has the following return line routing
Good evening. The top of the fuel filter housing to the #1 then up to #3 then #5 and then #7 then under the turbo to #8 then to #6 then #4 then #2 and then to the fuel pump... Calistoga Diesel has some diagrams that are completely different? Any reason for that or should I just do it the same way? Thank you. Rich

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the airbox so I could run the line for the boost gauge. Drilled the exhaust manifold for the EGT probe. I ran the line through the firewall grommet that's just outboard of the steering column. That blasted leaking valve cover will have to wait until Tuesday, we're supposedly getting nearly an inch of rain tomorrow and I'm working outside.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
William88

Members online