So what did you do with your truck today?

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Primed the hood today. I just ran the wire wheel over it and wiped it down with denatured alcohol before brushing the primer on. I plan on running a DA over it and sanding it down before spraying it. It still looks better than the peeling paint so I'm ok with it. I really just want to protect it before road salt gets to it.

Before shot is a few posts up lol

You must be registered for see images attach

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Topcoated the hood finally. It's a 10' paint job but that's because I didn't use high build primer and block sand it smooth.

John Deere Medium Gloss Black

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Before and after

20171012_182456-jpg.112082

Can hardly tell the difference except for the sheen

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night on my way home I had a hard line crack for one of my injectors. I limped the truck to a lit gas station 15 miles away, I have a spare set of lines under the back seat and I swapped it out and was on my way. Things would not have went so well in a newer vehicle if something serious like that were broke. Now my truck is 100% fine but smells like diesel more then normal..

BrianX128

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not now. When I got the truck they were missing so some of them already have some weak points I'd imagine. That's the main reason I keep the spare set and the wrench under the back seat lol. This is the second one that's cracked near the ip. Hopefully after 25k miles over the last year and a half the weak ones have already showed their faces haha.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Been having to fight the truck to start. I was pretty sure I did not have an air issue but since fuel system is on my to do list I did not rule it out. Ordered a DB Electric starter last week in hopes that was part of the issue since it seemed slow to spin. Went to do a dump run Saturday morning and was cranking on her more than normal. Decided to crawl under and look over the connections on the starter and discovered top bolt was just hanging on, bottom bolt by the frame rail was backed off about a 1/4 inch and the engine side bolt took two complete turns to tighten. Needless to say she fired right off after bolting the starter back on! A couple hours later Big Red showed up in my driveway and @laserjock dropped off a stud and nut for when the starter gets replaced :Thumbs Up.

Thanks again Mike!

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I bolted on a battery tender. LOL
I went to start it Sunday morning for the first time in 3 weeks, and she didn't have enough juice in 35° weather (not plugged in either.....). I hopped in the car with the intention of jump starting it, and just took off in the car without thinking! LOL

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lets see... This wasn't quite /today/, but this weekend.
I decided to replace the DMF clutch in my '93, due to it slipping on me occasionally under full power since about February.

I got a new clutch disc and pressure plate($35 a few months ago), and tore everything apart.
Pulled the old clutch disc and... it didn't look horrible. Decided to use the new one anyway, put it back together... Did a bit of research and came upon the stupid "torque limiter" "feature" of the DMF.

That's more than likely my whole problem, so I decided to "fix" the issue: I just welded the two halves of the flywheel together right around the edge; 6 1" welds next to each bolt.

It actually works; No more slipping, clutch feels nice... But the gear rollover noise at low speeds is *much* worse than the true SMF I installed in my '92.
In my defense, the replacement clutch disc *does* have springs in it... but only a single set of them.

I've got a Luk 07-225 on order; should be here in a couple of days. Then, I get to do the whole mess over again.

Frigging Ford.

The only *good* news is that the spare S5-42 I picked up at the local wrecking yard for $150 or so... works perfectly, and better than the old one(needs a bearing or two and some synchros).

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fired black mamba...no prob...blue ox...is nfg

Made deal on a RC 92 F250 7.3/ZF 4x w dually converted rear...600 RECENT ENGINE WORK New clutch....pull n drop into blue ox....no 2011 so fk it...keep on keepin on

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lets see... This wasn't quite /today/, but this weekend.
I decided to replace the DMF clutch in my '93, due to it slipping on me occasionally under full power since about February.

I got a new clutch disc and pressure plate($35 a few months ago), and tore everything apart.
Pulled the old clutch disc and... it didn't look horrible. Decided to use the new one anyway, put it back together... Did a bit of research and came upon the stupid "torque limiter" "feature" of the DMF.

That's more than likely my whole problem, so I decided to "fix" the issue: I just welded the two halves of the flywheel together right around the edge; 6 1" welds next to each bolt.

It actually works; No more slipping, clutch feels nice... But the gear rollover noise at low speeds is *much* worse than the true SMF I installed in my '92.
In my defense, the replacement clutch disc *does* have springs in it... but only a single set of them.

I've got a Luk 07-225 on order; should be here in a couple of days. Then, I get to do the whole mess over again.

Frigging Ford.

The only *good* news is that the spare S5-42 I picked up at the local wrecking yard for $150 or so... works perfectly, and better than the old one(needs a bearing or two and some synchros).

Do you think welding the dmf would be possible without dropping the trans just by turning the engine over and working through the inspection cover? I don’t own a truck that still has a dmf so I can’t check myself

Wildman7.3IDI

Reaction score
Do you think welding the dmf would be possible without dropping the trans just by turning the engine over and working through the inspection cover? I don’t own a truck that still has a dmf so I can’t check myself
Hopefully you didn't unbalance the flywheel

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk