So what did you do with your truck today?

saburai

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I turned up the fuel a flat and a half, cleaned up some more wiring, ran the pyrometer probe leads and boost tube to the top of the dash, though about how/where I'm going to attach the gauge pod. Oh, yeah, I redid that pesky valve cover too. He's coming together...

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"WOW! That's an old style truck! I like that." Says a "20 something" handing me a cup of coffee,through the window of my chip truck ('93 dually) today at dunkin donuts.
These 9th gens are getting pretty scarce,driving around the roads,up here in Maine now,boys.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"WOW! That's an old style truck! I like that." Says a "20 something" handing me a cup of coffee,through the window of my chip truck ('93 dually) today at dunkin donuts.
These 9th gens are getting pretty scarce,driving around the roads,up here in Maine now,boys.
I get that even in Texas,
Lots of people ask to buy it but that’s not gonna happen

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that even in Texas,
Lots of people ask to buy it but that’s not gonna happen

In a hour road trip I generally count 20 or so in OK or TX.Around here,you might see half that many,driving around all day....On second thought,I'm not so sure you could count 10 on the road even if you drive around all day anymore.They've all gone to crusher heaven.:(
I can tell you this though,the ones you see still,sure don't look anything like the ones in TX lol! They're pretty rusty.

crash-harris

Breaker! Breaker!
Reaction score

Is it bad that I'm still in my 20's and think of the aeronose trucks as newer? Lol.

Thatoneguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok and got an offer from a guy to buy my truck... Lol. Like that would ever happen

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it bad that I'm still in my 20's and think of the aeronose trucks as newer? Lol.

These trucks ain't all,mostly all gone out your way yet too? They don't salt the roads heavy out there?

Take someone who's 25 years of age.They were born when the 9th gen was introduced.:D
There's no more of the 7th or 8th gen trucks around.Just a handful running around from time to time.Either a nice well kept garage kept classic or an old rust bucket.Mostly just the occasional rusty one running around from time to time is all you see.If it's not a super duty,it's an old truck around these parts.Shoot,you don't even see the first gen super duty trucks much anymore for that matter.When you do,those don't look so pretty either lol.

Last edited:

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most the 9-7th gen truck’s are trashed work trucks around here with 400k miles but good to see them on the road none the less

FORDF250HDXLT

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most the 9-7th gen truck’s are trashed work trucks around here with 400k miles but good to see them on the road none the less

Up around the red river there are loads and loads of cream puff 9th gens out on the roads and in peeps driveways.I mean,they look as if they were built yesterday.Straight as an arrow and paint like new.Much nicer than chip trucks re-paint up close.Of course there are many of the worked hard ones as well.I haven't been down your way yet.I will this winter though.I'm going down to Big Bend National Park.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh that’s a beautiful area you’ll love it, just careful as there’s a lot of cartel and human smuggling out there, just keep your wits about you

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pulled the grille out to drill holes and install the screw in snaps for the winter front/bug screen. I put it on temporaily last year with the adhesive ones and two already came off so I figured now was a good time.

Even if I don't need the winter front, I will probably be ordering these for my vehicles from now on just because of how many bugs it's kept out of the radiator.

You must be registered for see images attach

Yeah it's gross, but after a hose down it's clean again and ready to go back on.

While I had the grille off I polished it up a tad before putting it back on. It's not show quality but it's not bad.

Buttoned it all back up (pun intended) and she's ready to go!

Now I'm just hoping I can get the hood painted before the weather changes!

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One of those "quick-help-a-friend" that wasn't so quick haha. Got this out of the field that had grown around it. Lots of winch issues. Then had to drive up the road to find a place to take it off to flip it around to face front. Then stop again for more tie downs (my dad must have taken 2 of them arg!!). And now I cannot find the photos haha

Sent from my VS835 using Tapatalk

sgallaty

Engineer
Reaction score
This is my 2wd 1992 van - but with the help of the wife replaced orings with viton from mcmaster/carr, replaced return lines with clear tubing, and clamped everything.

She's oil-tight now.

In other news, love working on diesels with the wife. That brings a couple closer - especially if she spots things I don't.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86