So I bought another motor,...

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
It is a 7.3 non turbo, unknown miles that has been in a fire. It looks to be all there, all of the rubber lines and wiring are gone, and the pump is shot.

How bad can these things get hurt in a fire? It was a cab fire that spread to the motor. It was running at the time of the fire so he garenteed that it WAS a good motor.

And for $75.00 I am willing to take the risk!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
It is a 7.3 non turbo, unknown miles that has been in a fire. It looks to be all there, all of the rubber lines and wiring are gone, and the pump is shot.

How bad can these things get hurt in a fire? It was a cab fire that spread to the motor. It was running at the time of the fire so he garenteed that it WAS a good motor.

darrin-
you did OK if it was a cab fire. Best way to tell how bad is by pulling the valve covers and seeing how coked the oil got under the covers.Vehicle fires usually will burn at 1250deg and above, so if it got hot enough, the oil will coke first. Also, after you clean off most of the charcoal, clear out the GP wells and pull the GP's. turn the crank and if there is no water coming out of the Gp holes, you hit a home run. ;Sweet
-good luck
oh yea, when working on one of these burn jobs, wear throwaway clothes. Also, to preserve marital bliss, strip down before going in the house. learn from my mistakes and don't repeat that one :D

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:

:***: Do rice fumes cause IDI hounding to be sucessful? cookoo

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me guess.... the guy even delivered it to you didn't he? :rolleyes: :hail

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
Darrin you did better than me. My burnt 90 cost me $100 I concur what towcat said about being messy. That burnt stuff is hard to wash off.

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Also, to preserve marital bliss, strip down before going in the house. learn from my mistakes and don't repeat that one

I tried that once, she threw her shoe at me, said something about "that's how we got 3 kid's! Keep that thing away from me!",... talk about marital bliss! :D

Not as good of a deal as I thought, It is gonna cost me $100.00 but I will take it anyway. They pulled it today and will set it in the back of my truck for me tomorrow, no delivery,....sheeeesh,.....

Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find another truck that needs a motor.

.....heads off to e-bay,......

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:
I tried that once, she threw her shoe at me, said something about "that's how we got 3 kid's! Keep that thing away from me!",... talk about marital bliss! :D

[\QUOTE]
......and you wonder why they don't let us out of the basement cookoo ....... :rotflmao :rotflmao :rotflmao

94johnh

Reaction score
GRuss said:
Darrin you did better than me. My burnt 90 cost me $100 I concur what towcat said about being messy. That burnt stuff is hard to wash off.

Should one wonder why all the fires ???? :confused:

john

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
headlight switches, my friend.....headlight switches.......bad design. Known all too well by towtruck drivers who put too many chicken lights on and smell that famous burning smell.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Darrin Tosh said:

Not as good of a deal as I thought, It is gonna cost me $100.00 but I will take it anyway. They pulled it today and will set it in the back of my truck for me tomorrow, no delivery,....sheeeesh,.....

Thanks for the advice, now I just need to find another truck that needs a motor.

.....heads off to e-bay,......

Gee ****.... I was naked AND wet at the rally last year, and she didn't say that to me? :eek: :love: ;p

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agnem said:
Gee ****.... I was naked AND wet at the rally last year, and she didn't say that to me? :eek: :love: ;p
You know Mel.......in just one comment, you have just ruined the "family friendly" rumor we tell all the potential rally attendees. :eek: :eek:

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Agnem said:

I agree Towcat,
There are prolly a few that got a visual of this phenomenon. :eek: :puke:
Thank goodness he didn't say that he was wearing heels. :rotflmao

hardknocks

Reaction score
Dsl_Dog_Catcher said:
I agree Towcat,
There are prolly a few that got a visual of this phenomenon. :eek: :puke:
Thank goodness he didn't say that he was wearing heels. :rotflmao

theres a decent looking f-250 on ebay that needs a motor right now , it was upto 600$ last i saw .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle