so i am back

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
as some of you may know, i was the 15 year old (now 16) who was asking questions about the injector pump and all that whether it was toast or still good. well, turns out the pump along with ALL EIGHT injectors were bad. i know you guys saw the pictures of the truck with the camper and running boards, i ditched the camper, running boards and the 20 year old stock muffler and it is by far the loudest vehicle in the town which i will be very proud about until i get a ticket.

so, the maintinence part wasn't bad at all, the pump cam out easily and went in fine other than a small scratch on the knuckle. the injectors on the other hand, whoever put them in put way too much torque on them and a few of the washers took a fair amount of time with a dental pick to get out of there. even though it does have rust, i will just be replacing the front fenders and possibly the bed and get the other minor rust fixed and painted over candy apple red. so needless to say my beast is running and i still want/need overdrive and more want than need the banks turbo kit.... wheels and tires would also be a nice thing to put on this thing.

i sure do hope i am welcome back, i missed most of you guys and the help i recieved.

one more thing, while trying to install some of the wires for the solid state GP system, i busted out the purple wire on the controller, otehr than that, everything is wired and ready to go.

Nickbf2504x4

ATV Racr-IDI Driver
Reaction score
OldiesF250 said:
i i missed most of you guys

:rotflmao

make sure to get it timed(dynamically to 8.5* at 2,000 RPM ...and a 285 75 16 is the biggest tire that will ride under a stock truck :thumbsup:

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
So how are things on St. Charles?
Years ago I worked in a tire store on, (I think) St Charles Rock Rd.--while going to grad school. It wasn't as far west as St Charles, but in that general direction. I lived in Brentwood Park, before it went condo. I used to be able to get home from a Cardinals game ( baseball) before Jack Buck ( the father) finished the post game show on KMOX.
KMOX was one of the first stations to go with the talk format.
Glad to see someone so young who isn't intimidated by these beasts.

OldiesF250

dedicated....
Reaction score
i live more towards wentzville, i'm sure that you don't know what i'm tlkaing about, but it used to only have a small wal-mart and that was it, not wentzville is one of the fastest growing cities with a bunch of restaurants, places to buy food and whatnot. i know where st. charles rock road is, it's something like 20 miles from me or so and i go there every so often for sporting goods or to look at motorcycles i can't afford.

as for timing the engine, i already did, it like 1.5-2 dimeswidth from the static timing mark and i was told by a ford mechanic that that will come out to about 8*. and whats the part about 2k rpm? i timed it with the engine off and i get no black smoke (which i am hoping is good and means im getting good/better gas milage).

and just in case any of you were wondering, i got the pump from mwfi and the injectors locally after we found out they were all crapped out.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
I remembe Wentzville. However, when I was in St Louis, Walmart was a single store owned by a guy named Sam.
I loved the st Louis area; if I couldn't live where I am ( 25 miles NE of Baltimore) I'd take a job in the St Louis area in a heartbeat. The summer humidity is about the same as here, so I'm used to it ( if you ever really get used to it).
It always amazed me how few residents have been to the Arch--I'd go at least once a year. I also liked the parallel runways at the airport. Saw a fighter plane land alongside an airliner. This was WAY before 9-11, so it was unusual at best.
I also had a very interesting drive along the elevated section of the inner belt during an ice storm.....made me wonder why they put steering wheels in cars, although it was nice have windows all around, so I could see where I was going, regardless of which way the car was facing at any time.