skipping. . .

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
My friends 6.9 is skippin like hell. . . EVERYTHING in the fuel system has been gone through. Could he have missed something? could it be something in the valvetrain perhaps? and ideas at all???:dunno

dyoung14

Is getting worn out
Reaction score
My friends 6.9 is skippin like hell. . . EVERYTHING in the fuel system has been gone through. Could he have missed something? could it be something in the valvetrain perhaps? and ideas at all???:dunno

Were the injectors pop tested and matched before installing them?

Did you use a reputable good known diesel shop that knows what there doing in the idi world?

When changing the injection pump did you perhaps take the Injection pump gear cover off?

And final thing i can think of did you have the timing set to spec with a timing meter?

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
The injectors were all tested good, when his new pump was put on the timing gear cover was not took off, and as far as i know his timing was not set with a timing meter just by ear

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
A meter is necessary for properly timed motors. Only Mell is capable of timing by ear and even he only got withing 2 degrees of what he wanted...

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Skipping is usually injectors, but it can also be air in the fuel. When did this problem start? Right after an IP change? If so, I'd suspect the IP could be bad.

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
It did this same skipping before his ip and injector change. it seemed ok for a while after the change but about two days later it went back to doing the same thing

gonecrazyi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure there is nothing in the fuel line preventing fuel from easily flowing to the IP. Thats what my problem was when I had this problem. A piece of rubber had come off of the pickup in the tank and had gotten wedge in the line.

imckee86

imckee86
Reaction score
Ain't nobody that ignorant around here. The filter was changed at the first sign of the skipping. gonecrazyi that could be a possibilty, I will look into that deeper. Thanks for the thoughts on the issue so far everyone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online