She's bleeding

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
So I come out this morning to go to work and there is a big oilstain under the truck.....looks like its comming from the back of the engine comming out by the starter dripping down the fuel return line all over the exhaust crossover(no turbo) I'm guessing the rear main or heads any thoughts?

JPR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
rear main or valve cover gasket.

Have the valve cover gaskets ever been replaced? I had a similar thing occur in a brand new parking lot last year. Nice puddle, at first thought it was a water off the a/c. The valve cover gasket split a part at the right rear corner. They were the originals gaskets.

Diezel_Cowboy

It's not like a real ***!
Reaction score
dbarilow said:
So I come out this morning to go to work and there is a big oilstain under the truck.....looks like its comming from the back of the engine comming out by the starter dripping down the fuel return line all over the exhaust crossover(no turbo) I'm guessing the rear main or heads any thoughts?

Yep JPR is right........I had the same problem with a leak exactally as you described. All over the starter, passenger side frame and cross over pipe! I had Smokin_Stroker tighten up the valve cover bolts :D and it quit leaking.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I recall, you don't have a turbo, so it probably is not the oil return.

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
valve cover gaskets are origional I've has a small leak there in the past and tightened the bolts and it went away. it is a small drip while running but speeds up when I shut down. and yes no turbo

dbarilow

over worked
Reaction score
So I get to replacing the valve covers no signs that is the cause but for $8 it aint gonna hurt it. So I fire her up to look for a leak and the new return fuel line I put on starts ******* fuel down the back of the motor. I'm wondering if the small leak kind of washed the oil off of the back of the motor(by the CDR ) and that was the leak. I'm getting a new hose to replace the new one I just put on. Any one ever use steel braided hose? Just a thought.