Selling upgraded drop in fans!

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In case anyone is planning on heavy towing and/or would like cooling system piece of mind I have several fans and fan clutch conversion kits in stock and ready to ship, But Shipping times may be inconsistent during the month of june as I will be moving from Oregon to Montana.
Basically if you want them before july order now!

BlindAmbition

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@03wr250f What is the current price for your fan setups? Also, I think in another thread/forum/FB I saw you had a power steering cooler setup that was interesting, can you post a pic if my memory of that is correct? Looked like some version of a Derale cooler.

klook

Reaction score
Has anyone put one in a van yet? And is the stock clutch just a regular viscous type? I am very interested but I will put another temp gauge in first. Is there another location to put the sending unit or do you guys just remove the stock one and disable the factory gauge?

Nero

HD Diesel nut
Reaction score
Weird, maybe try searching for Workhorse Customs, thats what I linked.

As for the coolant temp sensor, I used the bung on the drivers head that wasn't being used for an aftermarket gauge, then I took out the 'super overheating sensor' that is behind the ac compressor near the exhaust manifold for the fan drive. That way I retain my stock gauge, have an aftermarket gauge, and make the fan work.

Rocknit4x4

Reaction score
I ordered one of these (fan only - used a new viscous clutch) and it has worked great for me. I just PMd him and sent him my info / paypal the funds.

KansasIDI

Hopelessly addicted to IDIs
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered one of these for my service truck yesterday, hopefully I’ll see it before too long. I don’t have temp problems, but it isn’t real hot out yet… as heavy and low geared as my truck is, i.e. 2500 rpm at 65 mph in 5th, I think it will be a worthwhile upgrade. I have a brand new radiator, coolant filtration system, and run ELC coolant with SCAs. I have AC, which is a tax on the cooling system’s performance… Currently I have the fan shroud off but it will be going back on with the new fan.

Also waiting on other parts, 3G alternator from Roderek Soest, who is currently in the process of moving…

Also new interior door handles/armrests, from Dennis Carpenter.

And more performance goodies from Hypermax and Moose Diesel…

Old Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where the inside door handle bolts to the door, it can crack from years of jerking on the handle and especially if the bolts come loose.
This is a common thing on 80 through 97 or so.
Here is a site that sells the fix with a video. $36 for the part.
Bronco Grave Yard has it for $29.

Goat

Last edited:

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@03wr250f What is the current price for your fan setups? Also, I think in another thread/forum/FB I saw you had a power steering cooler setup that was interesting, can you post a pic if my memory of that is correct? Looked like some version of a Derale cooler.
I do not have a upgraded power steering cooler, I have been eyeing the lee power steering c2 power steering pump upgrade though.

03wr250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone put one in a van yet? And is the stock clutch just a regular viscous type? I am very interested but I will put another temp gauge in first. Is there another location to put the sending unit or do you guys just remove the stock one and disable the factory gauge?
yes i have had several customers running both my upgraded fan and electric fan clutch conversion in vans, ambulances, and trucks. The vans and some ambulances definitely may need some slight adjustments of where things are routed or placed but otherwise it fits well. Some bullnose vans require some adjustment of the radiator placement in the core support for clearance of the fan clutch wiring harness.

for coolant temp monitoring i use the overtemp sensor location in the driver head right next to the factory coolant temp gauge location so the factory gauge still works.

In my kits i suggest using the pipe plug at the back of the head on the drivers side. they read within 4* of each other in my testing, and i figured that was good enough.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well when I got home tonight the fan was waiting on the porch for me, so I threw it on and took it for a spin.

On Sunday I decided to put the fan shroud on, even though it still had the stock fan. That lowered my cruising temps about 5* or so, and full throttle uphill temps a little more than that. I’ll be interested to see what the difference is with the new fan.

I have a good fan clutch, seems like it engages a bit earlier than they are supposed to but has been very consistent in where it engages, and too early is better than too late to me, so I feel pretty well off in that department. I don’t know if it’s a Motorcraft fan clutch though… it looks different than all my other IDI fan clutches… but it does still have a Ford part number.

My 91 came with the ‘Super Cooling’ package, and is Canadian market so who knows what could be different. In any case, the fan bolted right up to the clutch.

I am wondering about maybe getting the electroviscous fan clutch kit that @03wr250f sells, one more thing that I could control, the fan clutch LOL

Tomorrow it’s supposed to be 100 degrees here, so that will be the real test.

It was 80 degrees when I drove it a few minutes ago with the fan, so I didn’t notice a huge difference, but I got the clutch to engage after some 3000+ RPM driving, (easy in a truck with 5.13 diff gearing) and it definitely sounds different. It changed my idle sound a little, even when the clutch is unlocked.

It did its job, but tomorrow will be the real test.

I did notice a difference in AC vent temps, went from 44* to 39* :Thumbs Up both tested at same 80* ambient, just different fans.
But keep in mind, the old truck runs pretty high RPM going down the highway, so AC compressor is getting spun pretty fast… engine sits at 2550 RPM at 60 mph, and I typically drive faster than that… so everything sees plenty of spinning…

That new fan sticks back a little further, lot closer to the belts… not as easy to get on and off as the stock fan, but still doable, just less space.

KansasIDI

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well it seems to be working very well, I drove it from the jobsite to lunch and back, lots of hills, some are pretty long and steep. Fan clutch only locked on near the top of the steepest hill, and shut off before the bottom. 100* ambient

Before in 90* ambient there were 3 hills on that route that it would lock, and temp gauge is reading lower now than it was with the old fan so I’m gonna call it a win! I do recommend, I think it’s a worthwhile upgrade. Great product @03wr250f

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mydixiewrecked

Members online