Scrap yard IC, is it a possibility?

scfdiesel

Reaction score
Just wondering what people thought about finding a IC from my local scrap yard to apply to my new ATS turbo kit. Is this a possibility. ATS said they don't sell one anymore and I don't think I'd want to put the much $ into one anyway. Hypermax sells one for their kit. Adapting the piping from their kit or a scrap yard find would be a problem I would think. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea. I'm trying to do a 7.3idi conversion in a '79 f150 and am still collecting parts.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Your turbo kit is the same as a 093 kit which was factory in 1993-1994 and the hypermax kit is a direct fit for your set up.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a factory ic from a 7.3 Pstroke. It will work well and there are tuts on how to install one. I've seen them on craigslist a few times will a $100 asking price

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4 Truckin' Girl and a friend of hers added a PSD intercooler to her ATS factory turbo F350. I wasn't there when it was done, sadly. I can't remember if it was the one from a sick.0 or a 7.3. It sounds like a lot of work but doable. Anything Hypermax sells has been pretty decent, but you're going to drop some coin for their kit. Here you're exchanging a lot of cash for a clean (relatively) easy install.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Call 1-800-radiator there is local distribution warehouse franchise here my area and when I crashed the front of my truck they wanted I think it was less than $200 for a brand new IC for my goat truck. But if you can pick one up used from the scrap yard you might get it cheaper.