Scrap yard IC, is it a possibility?

scfdiesel

Reaction score
Just wondering what people thought about finding a IC from my local scrap yard to apply to my new ATS turbo kit. Is this a possibility. ATS said they don't sell one anymore and I don't think I'd want to put the much $ into one anyway. Hypermax sells one for their kit. Adapting the piping from their kit or a scrap yard find would be a problem I would think. Anyone have any thoughts on this idea. I'm trying to do a 7.3idi conversion in a '79 f150 and am still collecting parts.

tknomaj

Reaction score
Your turbo kit is the same as a 093 kit which was factory in 1993-1994 and the hypermax kit is a direct fit for your set up.

Devilish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look for a factory ic from a 7.3 Pstroke. It will work well and there are tuts on how to install one. I've seen them on craigslist a few times will a $100 asking price

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4X4 Truckin' Girl and a friend of hers added a PSD intercooler to her ATS factory turbo F350. I wasn't there when it was done, sadly. I can't remember if it was the one from a sick.0 or a 7.3. It sounds like a lot of work but doable. Anything Hypermax sells has been pretty decent, but you're going to drop some coin for their kit. Here you're exchanging a lot of cash for a clean (relatively) easy install.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Call 1-800-radiator there is local distribution warehouse franchise here my area and when I crashed the front of my truck they wanted I think it was less than $200 for a brand new IC for my goat truck. But if you can pick one up used from the scrap yard you might get it cheaper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online