School me on the F-Superduty

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the lug pattern is different on the newer axles. Other than that likely spring perch, shock and yoke differences. Not impossible, but likely easier and cheaper to regear what you have.

WisconsinIDI

Reaction score
Pretty sure the lug pattern is different on the newer axles. Other than that likely spring perch, shock and yoke differences. Not impossible, but likely easier and cheaper to regear what you have.
Lug pattern was the same thru 1997

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

nelstomlinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe the axle I was looking at was 2000++. I am probably going to be able to get an old brownie to replace the pillow bearing in my f-superduty, and just re-gear the original rear end.

robert alston

Reaction score
howdy
i just bought a 1991 f-superduty to do a crew cab conversion not trying to steal this thread i am needing a front drive axle

robert alston

Reaction score
well I'm new to this forum and I'm not good at this type of conversation and if i do i would like help when i screw up also i am slow at typing

robert alston

Reaction score
yes all f-superduty has hydro boost because it has more braking force thats is whats needed for the intended use

robert alston

Reaction score
a patient bunch well will see ha ha well as i have stated else were i have done a 300 non computer to a 300 computer swap changed pretty much every thing involved allso did a dana 70 rear brake swap on the sterling 10.25 on my crew cab do this swap should be a walk in the park yea rite i won't get started till the first of the year so if really interested i bought the f-superduty because I allways over load my vehicles so maybe this will stop that i needed the single cab for my supercab frame because i have a 9 foot gin pole bed on a chevy so it has to much over hang past the axle so with this cab on it it put the poles over or at least closer to the axle

robert alston

Reaction score
well i am just throwing things out here on the crew cab conversion onto the f-superduty frame i need to move the axle back 7 inches so the rear tank needs to go so does anyone know about making a fuel tank to go in front of the axle and between the frame rails and around the drive shaft

Slicknik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@robert alston

Either get a smaller tank out of another vehicle that fits in the rear tank location

Fab a tank that fits where the rear tank sat that accommodates the axle shift

Or just run one tank (front tank) forget the rear tank

Your suggestion of location would be a total nightmare

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online