Running humvee wheels on my 94 srw.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So bigger is always better and my buddy needs a set of 35s and is willing to give me what I paid for mine and theres a 95% tread set of Humvee wheels and tires for sale local for what my buddy wants to give me for just my tires. For what I do with the truck on weekends I think it would be nice to have the extra clearance along with the rock guards for the wheels.

I know they have crazy backspacing, I think drw hubs would make the front work any idea for the rear?

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have you ever driven a truck with these tires? Not exactly the best for on road use, great for offroad rigs, but flippin heavy for doing brake work and more rotational mass than a comparable sized tire.

Kevo1288

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you ever driven a truck with these tires? Not exactly the best for on road use, great for offroad rigs, but flippin heavy for doing brake work and more rotational mass than a comparable sized tire.

I haven't , ive only done my research and reading at pirate 4x4 and a lot of people did say they weren't as bad as theyre made out to be. I guess I need to take into consideration the crowd over there....

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They don’t drive like a square tire, but they will vibrate a good bit more than most off-road tires since they don’t balance out like an on road tire. If you want your truck to just be a trail rig that sees 70% off-road and 30% on road between trails, it’s perfect. Otherwise I would stick with what you got

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
been running 35's for years, no noticeable difference than 33's on my other truck