Rotunda compression tester

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found a Rotunda compression tester for a good price, says it is for diesels and comes with 2 adapters but the seller cant confirm what trucks they will work on. They have parts numbers for both the adapters so I was wondering if anyone would confirm if this would work for my 92 idi. The part numbers they have for the adapters are 5494, and the other one is either 5634 or 5834 they cant be for sure.

Thanks

-Jordan-

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Sorry... Can't help with part numbers. Can you supply a picture without showing us who is selling it on ebay...:angel:

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adapters for a rotunda should be available for the 6.9/7.3 so if it's a good deal get it. I am looking at a second tester for just the quick coupler to make an adapter for my leakdown tester...then I can do both compression and leakdown...on many diesels...

post pics if you can I may be able to help with adapter...I can take mine and take a pic or match what you show to what I have if possible...I have a chart of various ones and what they fit!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes 60 is a good price, picture too fuzzy for me to see the adapters. Those are a standard adapter that can be changed out via the quick connect. Mine has quite a few different adapters and the pawn shop I go to has just a compression tester I will get for the quick release for a leak down adapter as I said before...

I'll try to get some pics of the kit and the adapter you need for the 6.9/7.3 via glow plug

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone have anymore help for me? If i order this and the connectors arent right then how hard and how expensive would to be for me to obtain the right one?

Thanks

-Jordan-

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A 1/8" NPT will screw in the GP hole for about 3-4 threads, it won't hurt the head GP hole if you use a galvanized nipple. The GP threads are 10 X 1.0 mm. Screw in by hand so it doesn't cross thread. If you have that mm die, try to cut thread on the pipe nipple.

marblecrusher

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wow thanks alot oldbull8, ill order it and hope for the best and if i dont get the right one ill rig something up with the help you just gave me!

Thanks

-Jordan-

dsltech83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The second adapter is probably for the one of the ranger diesels, one of them used a different thread, just can't remember which one.

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those adapters are not difficult to purchase...snap-on or another tool truck can and does sell them. Or go to their website and purchase online.