Return Line Question

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
ok, good thing I kept the old clamps, I will e-mail larry tonight and ask him if he will send me 8 more or-rings, and again it's not my fault that the stupid people at CITGO decided to market red diesel and white/ clear diesel, oh and I remember why I didn't buy a return kit, BECAUSE I HAVE NO MONEY AND THESE WERE FREE! :)

The red diesel will run just like normal diesel. I was just offering out advice on how to "change" the color if you're that worried about getting a citation. I believe that Mel was referring to you running WMO in your truck. The red diesel will not harm anything (especially with the amount you're talking about). I wouldn't even worry about it. It's not like they filled your tanks with it. I know guys that run it all day long here with no issues and no citations.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
does anyone have a better way on how to rehook the return lines up??

I don't know what else to tell you. If you want it fixed correctly.........scrape together the $25 and get the return line kit. With the correct parts, this very simple repair would have be finished two weeks ago.

Heath

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:hail ok whoever has the return kits for sale please send a PM to me with your phone number and address, I tried it my way and it don't work, I am getting leaks out of the returns even after I put new orings in, I've been mopping up the mess for the past 4 1/2 hours all that diesel made a mess around my glow plugs, so again AGNEM or anyone else who as a return kit for a reasonable price please send me an PM:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail
:hail:hail:hail

thanks

Last edited:

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
:hail ok whoever has the return kits for sale please send a PM to me with your phone number and address, I tried it my way and it don't work, I am getting leaks out of the returns even after I put new orings in, I've been mopping up the mess for the past 4 1/2 hours all that diesel made a mess around my glow plugs, so again AGNEM or anyone else who as a return kit for a reasonable price please send me an PM:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail:hail
thanks

Is this to point where I get to say "We told you so!"... Is it, is it? ;Poke LOL Don't take that as an insult... I'm just teasing you. I tried it the same way on my first IDI and had the same results. The o-rings I bought only lasted about two weeks and then I had more leaks than I started with. I wasn't a member here at that time, so I ended up "shelling out" $109 to NAPA for a return line kit (They were the ONLY place in town with a kit in stock at the time).

PM typ4. He has great prices on return line kits. Just be sure to use a little Vasoline on the new o-rings and caps when you install them. A certain member here mentioned KY, but I think that's for other things rather than return line installations... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

Last edited:

VanBoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this to point where I get to say "We told you so!"... Is it, is it? ;Poke LOL Don't take that as an insult... I'm just teasing you. I tried it the same way on my first IDI and had the same results. The o-rings I bought only lasted about two weeks and then I had more leaks than I started with. I wasn't a member here at that time, so I ended up "shelling out" $109 to NAPA for a return line kit (They were the ONLY place in town with a kit in stock at the time).

PM typ4. He has great prices on return line kits. Just be sure to use a little Vasoline on the new o-rings and caps when you install them. A certain member here mentioned KY, but I think that's for other things rather than return line installations... :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao

+1

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KY is water based. Not a good choice. Might be slippy, but doesn't mix with fuel well. If you want a really good water based lube, grab a slug and squeeze it. I acidentally got some slug slime on my fingers picking up an old 2 X 4, and that sucker was under there and I squished it. I think it was a week of washing my fingers and I could still feel it. eeeeewwwwww!

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
who invented the idea of fuel return anyways, they are a pain in the butt, they cause so many problems