Return Line Question

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your new return kit installed first. All the fittings have to be secure and tight. Check the back of the injector pump fitting for leaks, the ones at the lift pump and the big brass return on the injection pump along with the connection between the rubber hose and the hard return from the IP to the fuel tanks.

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Good point--the rubber washers on the filter head to IP hard line are subject to wear, and leaking. I think I needlessly replaced an IP because of one of those a couple of years ago.

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
keep me in mind, I will probably need those let me pay Typ4 for his return lines and I will get back to you... send me a PM with your address,

PS. I can only IM and MySpace I have no phone

how was the trip?

FORDMAN41291

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can someone take a picture of their return lines so I can make sure I didn't screw anything up?

thanks

Ken

81Bronk36

Reaction score
start in Front pass side
goes from the fuel filter, to each injector line 1-3-5-7 IIRC(might have them #'d wrong side to side) then across to the IP T, then from the other side of the T to #8, then 6, then 4 then 2. Make sure you wiggle the fittings on straight before you tighten down the injector lines. The Napa brand kit I got had perfectly aimed fittings that reduced like 3 hose clamps over what it was before, now I have no leaks what so ever.