Register now for the 2011 IDI WEEKEND

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Presenting the 2011 IDI Weekend!

You must be registered for see images

http://twingrove.com/

Note: This thread replaces the early announcement thread here.

The 2011 IDI Weekend will be held July 1st through the 5th, 2011 near Pine Grove Pennsylvania in Suedberg, Lebanon county, not far from the capitol city of Harrisburg. Nestled between state game lands and Blue Mountain, this campground is rurally located yet close to many activities.

This is the 10th iteration of the IDI Weekend! A Decade of IDI family fun is coming to a close, and we plan to celebrate this milestone big time, and hope for another decade of what has become a family vacation tradition for many. The IDI Weekend started in Pennsylvania, and has been to Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Kentucky and Tennessee. We have been to drag stips, race courses, museums, train rides, water parks, farms, battlefields, and of course camp grounds This year we bring it back to its birthplace to take a fond look at those 10 years and review and relive some of those favorite memories. Bring along your memorobilia, photos, videos, and favorite stories for the down time we will share together around the campfire. Don't forget those first rally pictures of your kids! We have watched them grow for sure, and we were thinking of them when picking this years venue. I think Twin Grove will be a huge favorite for our young people, with the teen lounge, movie theater, and video game parlor. Start saving your quarters kids! And I feel I have to comment in a twist of irony, my youngest son Graham will be able to drive legally for the first time, AT THE RALLY! He will get his learners permit ON THE WAY to the campground. But don't worry... we won't let him hit your truck. He's been driving around our neighborhood for years already, and the Scarlet Moose will make it's debut, and I'm sure he doesn't want to scratch it. Will this be your first rally? Don't worry. New commers are hoped for and expected EVERY YEAR. Wife don't want to come? Kids don't want to come? We can and WILL fix that. You just need to get them there. Show them this video. We're not just a bunch of old guys with hair coming out our ears and grease under our finger nails drinking beer and cussing out Obama. Take a look at what we did in 2010. There isn't a woman in our group who didn't have reservations about going to a rally, but now they are the ones who can't wait for the next one! The kids have become fast friends even though they only see each other once a year. It's a blast!

The following is a TENTATIVE itinerary. It will become firm as rally time approaches, but commitments are being made and any adjustments needed will be made known.

Thursday June 30th.
People arriving. No scheduled daytime activities. There will be an ice cream social at the Agne’s (Site A-10) and Meet and Greet Campfire.

Friday July 1st.
Cruise to Harley Davidson in York for a plant tour.

Saturday July 2nd.
10:00AM line up for a trip to Stump’s Garage for Mel’s timing clinic, and Stump’s DynoJet dynometer. $45.00 for 3 Pulls on the Dyno. Timing set to your specifications by Mel before or after your runs.

Sunday July 3rd.
Show and Shine and Pot Luck dinner at the campground pavilion. Begin staging trucks along the field facing North at 1:00pm. Judging by our friends at Stoner-Wade Ford, and Conestoga Diesel. This year we have a special category “Most Patriotic” Decorate your IDI for the 4th of July with bunting and flags. Drivers outfits included! Get your red, white, and blue on. The winner of this category will have their truck featured on our river cruise the following day.

Monday July 4th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! A special 50 minute cruise over Blue Mountain and down to Millersburg for a ride on the historic Millersburg Ferry. Our chartered boat will take our party out on the river for grilled hot dogs and hamburgers, courtesy of the Agne’s. Just bring your favorite beverage and a side dish. The winner of our Patriotic contest will get to take their truck out on the ferry with us, decorated for the holiday. The 2 hour trip is free*. Mike Kieser from I-Rail video will be documenting the cruise, and there will be organized video run-by’s over Blue Montain along the way.

Tuesday July 5th.
The official last day of the 2011 IDI Weekend, many people will be packing up to leave, but for those who get to stay, we visit Hershey, PA for a trip to Chocolate World. Carpooling is recommended, as Hershey charges for parking, and crew cabs stuffed to capacity will save everyone money for the 40 minute ride to the park. After Chocolate World, everyone is free to enter the world famous Hershey Park amusement park for the remander of the day.

Additional post-rally activities that you may enjoy as you finish your vacation with us in Central Pennsylvania…..
Take Amtrak to Philadelphia for a scenic duck tour of the city
Visit Knoebles amusement resort
Visit Scranton PA for a tour of an Anthracite coal mine deep underground.
Visit Pioneer Tunnel Coal Mine and Train Ride http://www.pioneertunnel.com/admission.html

The following have registered with the campground as of August 2010

Your hosts, Mel and Suzi Agne and family (Site A-10)
Chris Barber
Heath Sutton (Cabin S70)
Gary Jenkins

MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!

Call 800-562-5471

And ASK FOR MISSY!

NOTE AS OF December 2010 - The campground is now on it's winter schedule. The Campground office is only open from 3PM to 5PM each day. YOU WILL have difficulty reaching someone. If you can't, call Missy's cell phone at (570) 617-7791. You will most likely not reach her right away, but she will call you back. I've had her take a week or more to return my call. So DON'T DELAY! RESERVE TODAY!

It's best to make your reservation with Missy. She is the general manager and is the best one to reserve sites for the 2011 IDI Weekend.

When you call and talk to MISSY, tell her that you are calling for the "2011 IDI Ford group with Mel Agne" Indicate the type of accomidation you want, and she will reserve it for you. Reservations will be open on a first come first serve basis until JANUARY 10TH 2011.

If you are driving, your main roads are I-80 to 11/15 (or 322), The I-76 PA turnpike, and the north/south route I-81, all of which converge on Harrisburg. Twin Grove Campground is about 35 minutes north of Harrisburg on I-81, and is close to Hershey PA. Plan your vacation and feel free to stay past 7/5. We will be there until 7/7 and will have post-rally activities lined up for those who wish to stay the extra days and hang out with us.

If you are flying... We will accomidate anyone who wants to come to the rally without their truck (please bring a picture of it though for the show and shine MIA board) Please schedule your flight to arrive at Harrisburg International Airport (airport code MDT - stands for Middletown which is technically where it is). We can pick you up on 6/30 and drop you off on 7/5. Other dates may be possible. We can work with you, if you do not want to rent a car. If for some reason, you see a substantial discount by flying to Baltimore, a rental car will take you to Pine Grove in about 2 hours. A train ride from Baltimore to Philly then Harrisburg would enable us to pick you up.

This airial photo shows the grounds of the camp. The undeveloped area at the top has since been turned into pull-through full hookup sites, of which we have 25 reserved. A/C equipped cabins are close by, and economy minded Yurts are also available in close proximity.

The grades to and from the camp are easy, even though we are in the hills of the Blue Ridge.

The campground features all the most desired amenities including a pool

Our group will be situated at the top half of these pull through sites...

Tent camping is readily available near our pull-throughs as are the Yurts. What is a Yurt? A tent with a door!

I didn't specifically reserve any Yurts, but if these appeal to you just ask when you register.

The closest 4 of these A/C equpped cabins (S70, S80, T04 and T02)are reserved for our group.

We will hold our traditional show and shine and pot luck supper at the pavilion.

Young kids will enjoy the monkey bars and swings....

And a pay as you go carnival style midway is available complete with ferris wheel and arcade parlor (with ski-ball too!). We rode the Ferris Wheel and it is 3 bucks a ride, but it was definitely fun!

An ice cream parlor, with attached excersize room!

Sombody was really thinking there! LOL

A mini-golf on premise!

Come to Suedberg PA in 2011!

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more info on the cabins.....

We have cabins S70, S80, T04 and T02.

All have AC, but no bathroom (one outside is close by)

They have 2 rooms. One room has a double bed, the other room has 2 sets of bunk beds. So basically you can sleep 2 adults and 4 kids.

The rates are $85 per day over the weekend, then $64 per day for the week days. If you stay Thursday to Thursday it would be $602.77 total.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be another great Rally!!! Thanks Mel and Suzi! I've added it to my signature. I'll post it on comp d if you'd like.

ON EDIT: Mel, I've post the itinerary and a link to this post on Competition Diesel. I'm not even going to try to post it on TDS. That got me banned for 3 months last time.:rolleyes: Crazy crackheads.cookoo

Heath

Last edited:

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
By all means! I should add it to my sig too, but I'm out of room! LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tradition of the IDI weekend is that most attendee's have or have had an IDI. Originally, there was no place someone with an IDI could go to feel welcome. We were social outcasts at all the big regional rallies that the PSD guys went to. As a result this event was created to give us our own special way of experiencing the kinds of things those guys did. We do have other vehicles show up, but they are owned by people who are "grandfathered" having traded in their IDI for something else, and they have to take a back seat in the convoy's and contests and they may be ineligable for some things. Folks who don't have an IDI or are not grandfathered can come and hang out with us, but... bring your car. We don't want to dilute the purpose of the group.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
i still plan on going, havent made reservations yet since not sure who i am taking and what we are taking(camper or not). will figure that out little closer to the time.

and dont be ashamed. my 6.9 will be there, towed behind my dmax;p;p;p

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What will be really funny is when you show up with your Dmax towed behind your IDI. LOL

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
IM REGISTERED!!!! got my site reserved last weekend. dont know what site # number though it didnt say in the email but i do have a pull through.

86F2506.9

6.9 International
Reaction score
finally a place close by its right up the road pretty much for me and old state road is right there mudd holes and shale hill not to far from the campground just up the road to screw off

gatorman21218

Reaction score
Shoot Pa isnt too far away. I might make it up for a day next year. Hard to know though if I'm gonna be in school next summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online