MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT! - 2011 IDI WEEKEND

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am pleased to announce that the site for the 2011 IDI Weekend has been chosen.

You must be registered for see images

http://twingrove.com/

The 2011 IDI Weekend will be held July 1st through the 4th, 2011 near Pine Grove Pennsylvania in Lebanon county, not far from the capitol city of Harrisburg. Nestled between state game lands and Blue Mountain, this campground is rurally located yet close to many activities that will be disclosed as we develop them.

This airial photo shows the grounds of the camp. The undeveloped area at the top has since been turned into pull-through full hookup sites, of which we have 25 reserved. A/C equipped cabins are close by, and economy minded Yurts are also available in close proximity.

The grades to and from the camp are easy, even though we are in the hills of the Blue Ridge.

The campground features all the most desired amenities including a pool

Our group will be situated at the top half of these pull through sites...

Tent camping is readily available near our pull-throughs as are the Yurts. What is a Yurt? A tent with a door!

I didn't specifically reserve any Yurts, but if these appeal to you just ask when you register.

The closest 4 of these A/C equpped cabins are reserved for our group.

We will hold our traditional show and shine and pot luck supper at the pavilion.

Young kids will enjoy the monkey bars and swings....

And a pay as you go carnival style midway is available complete with ferris wheel and arcade parlor (with ski-ball too!).

An ice cream parlor, with attached excersize room!

Sombody was really thinking there! LOL

A mini-golf on premise!

MAKE YOUR RESERVATIONS NOW!

Call 800-562-5471

And ASK FOR MISSY!

DO NOT make your reservation with anyone else! Missy is the general manager and is the only one able to reserve sites for the 2011 IDI Weekend.

When you call and talk to MISSY, tell her that you are calling for the "2011 IDI Ford group with Mel Agne" Indicate the type of accomidation you want, and she will reserve it for you. Reservations will be open on a first come first serve basis until JANUARY 10TH 2011.

If you are driving, your main roads are I-80 to 11/15 (or 322), The I-76 PA turnpike, and the north/south route I-81, all of which converge on Harrisburg. Twin Grove Campground is about 20 minutes north of Harrisburg on I-81, and is close to Hershey PA. Plan your vacation and feel free to stay past 7/4. We will be there until 7/7 and will have post-rally activities lined up for those who wish to stay the extra days and hang out with us.

If you are flying... We will accomidate anyone who wants to come to the rally without their truck (please bring a picture of it though for the show and shine MIA board) Please schedule your flight to arrive at Harrisburg International Airport (airport code MDT - stands for Middletown which is technically where it is). We can pick you up on 6/30 and drop you off on 7/5. Other dates may be possible. We can work with you, if you do not want to rent a car. If for some reason, you see a substantial discount by flying to Baltimore, a rental car will take you to Pine Grove in about 2 hours. A train ride from Baltimore to Philly then Harrisburg would enable us to pick you up.

This is the campround announcement and will be repeated when the full slate of rally activies is announced later in the coming weeks, but to ensure your choice of spots, RESERVE NOW!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New to the board, and don't know what this is all about? Check out the last IDI Weekend.

Click Here.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some more info on the cabins.....

We have cabins S70, S80, T04 and T02.

All have AC, but no bathroom (one outside is close by)

They have 2 rooms. One room has a double bed, the other room has 2 sets of bunk beds. So basically you can sleep 2 adults and 4 kids.

The rates are $85 per day over the weekend, then $64 per day for the week days. If you stay Thursday to Thursday it would be $602.77 total.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cincinnati Guy

Reaction score
There is no way Im missing this, Im going to check the calendar and put in vacation days already, and so is the girlfriend. I will be staying in a tent while there, is the tent area by the RV area?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can tent within view of the RV's and about 150 feet away with nothing in between.

Dirtleg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there horseback riding available on the state game lands? Really wanting to make it next year and might convince the wife if I can include the horses somehow.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll look into it for you. Would you need horses, or would you be bringing your own?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
little less than an hour away, no excuse for me!

think we could hit up Harley, Hearshey Park, Amish country....etc

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Harley will probably be on the menu. Hershey Park is a bit expensive, so that will probably be for those who are willing to stay an extra day, but I know there is a lot of interest in it.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is there horseback riding available on the state game lands? Really wanting to make it next year and might convince the wife if I can include the horses somehow.

There are 2 rail trails nearby (like REAL nearby) that would allow horseback riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
720Diesel