Rally Convoy Time! Make plans to roll with friends!

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
ok that would be wonderful to not be travelling alone. hope to see you friday, pm me for directions and my phone number.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I plan on leaving Mays Landing, NJ, 08330, around 10pm Friday night and taking I80 across. Rumor has it Jason may be catching up with me. I plan on driving straight through and arriving around 10 am- noon on Saturday. If I am coming through your area in a timely fashion and you want to hook up, feel free to let me know.;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how expensive are the toll roads? i see I80e in Indiana is nothing but toll road. that stuff hasn't caught up with us out west.

gandalf

Reaction score
It's been five years or so since I've driven the area, so my memory may be shaky. Expect toll roads east of the Mississippi. My recollection is that it costs maybe $15 to cross any state, maybe more now.:eek: That may be outdated information, or faulty memory. I think you can find out online, probably.

Be aware also that your toll card/ticket is time stamped. They can figure your average speed. When you leave the toll road they look at the ticket and say, "Mr Towcat, I see you started at the state line, 100 miles from here, and it took you only 60 minutes to get here. That gentleman parked over there would like to have a chat with you.":backoff

Leaving tomorrow or Tuesday? Drive safely, enjoy everything, say 'Hi' to everyone for me.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I live just north of clearfield and am in clearfield all the time. maybe i can talk to IH POWER into goin to see some idi's roll on by. our 6.9s aint quite ready for a trip to MI but hopefully one of these years it"ll be close to home again and we'll join in!

We will probably go through downtown Clearfield and take the hill on the small road on the west side of town. It beats the big panic to get on I-80 while every 18 wheeler is balls to the wall trying to ramrod that hill. So we will get on I-80 at the summit. Check us out, and shout "Oilburners!" if it's you guys. LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I meant to ask, what is the consensus on Toledo. Is 80 to 475 better, or 80 to 75 to 475 as google maps suggests? I'm thinking going around Toledo is better than going through it. Dunno.

gandalf

Reaction score
I meant to ask, what is the consensus on Toledo. Is 80 to 475 better, or 80 to 75 to 475 as google maps suggests? I'm thinking going around Toledo is better than going through it. Dunno.

You want to go north out of Toledo? As a general rule I will avoid going through the center of a city if at all possible. IF I have to drive through the center of a city I try to judge rush hour traffic, and avoid that.

Coming from the east my route of choice would be I80, south on I75 for 4 miles to I475, and follow I475 around the western part of Toledo. Having said that, my experience with Toledo is driving straight through on I80. I tried to not even slow down.:rolleyes:

According to my map, an older issue of MS Streets and Trips, there is NO interchange between I80 and I475 in the SW area of Toledo, thus necessitating the jog south on I75. That lack of interchange might have been corrected, but otherwise they simply cross, with no way to get from one to the other. Try for some more current information.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
rolling out within the hr, off to meet matthias and eventually the jason/john group. see you guys tomorrow morning!

IDIDieselJohn

0-60....eventually
Reaction score
Anyone else coming from Canada to convoy with me? :D

I'll be leaving in a few hours, got a 9-10 hour trip down to the rally. I'll be there from the 1st-4th, and back home at the end of July.

Have we decided witch channel we'll be on for those of us with CB's? :D