Official 2012 rally

diesel4me2

Camping is more importanter!
Reaction score
Just pulled in.
Thanks again for having us. we all had a great time. thanks for putting up with us again. my son is already asking about next year.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Just pulled in myself and am ready to drop. Thanks so much Ron for the great rally and everyone who helped me out there! Looking forward to next year at.........

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
wow jared i think we beat you home!! and we stopped for dinner with my father-in-law!! howd the truck run on the way home?? mileage? my truck ran PHENOMENALLY!!!! tows great now with the fuel plate and star wheel "adjustments"! and i still got at least 11 mpg towing that heavy *****. chris did you notice any more boost/performance with your sealed up intake hat? jason did you have any more issues from your brakes after the heat shields were made? we are already bummed, its so depressing to have another 357 days til we get to do it again.

GRU

fear the chicken legs
Reaction score
Home safe and sound. Thanks Ron for a great mini rally for me. good times with GREAT PEOPLE! Chevy wanted me to thank everyone for making him feel so welcome. I think he understands the Brotherhood so much better.

that dude is FUNNY!!!!!!! my wife said hes required to go to next years rally! ill try not to double-dip the deep fried dough doohickies next year... when my daughter says "chevies suck" in her cute 2 year old voice, she wasnt meaning him!

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
we made it home around 330 this morning after the fun convoy home. assed out and woke up around 2 in the afternoon then unloaded the truck. so far havent moved much all day. thanks again ron for the great week, carolyn loved it.

and BTW, HI!!!

You must be registered for see images

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We made it home around 6pm today. We overnighted at the campground where the 2002 IDI Weekend was held in Clarion, as we often do when passing through on I-80. The trip home was totally uneventfull, except for a coffee maker box that found it's way out of Lady Moose's bed somewhere around Sharon PA. The trip TO the rally however, was not the best for us, and set the stage for a less than relaxing vacation. The camper which just got a new $4000 roof decided it had not sucked enough money out of me yet. We blew our first tire on I-80 crossing Ohio, then another 1.5 miles from the final highway exit only minutes from the rally. The first blow out we solved ourselves with a new wheel purchase, the second came in the form of help from rally central and a lent spare from Heath. Thanks again for that Heath! The unsettled weather would do my awning more harm. But thanks to Ron and others who were involved to take the necessary precautions while we were out at activities allowed me to keep it more or less intact. I bought 4 new tires for the camper, and another 4 for Lady Moose as a precaution, and so everything rolled home on tires that were less than 2 years old. My collateral damage from the blow outs was remedied with the help of several people, and the electrical short has yet to be resolved. I will have to replace my fenders with something less stylish, probably some lawn edging. Unfortunately, despite the help, there really wasn't any way to just wake up and enjoy the day without worries haunting my mind, and so this rally has helped me appreciate how much I enjoy the ones that really are vacations instead of just a few days off with new and different problems than the ones I have at work. All that aside, it was great seeing everyone again, and particularly fantastic to meet Calvin and Ron did a fantastic job lining up fun and interesting events. I know there were things he would have liked to change too, but as any rally host knows, there is just no way for everything to be perfect, and all you can do is roll with the changes and Ron did that wonderfully. Thanks to Corey for the timing help this year, and thanks to eveyone who helped us out and did what they could to make things better for everyone. I will have lots of pics to post in the comming days.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Well, I got home safe and laid to rest at 4:42 am. A good convoy home it was. I peeled off and said goodbye to the last the last of the convoy close to 160K's hometown, York Pa. Glad you made it home safe John.

I did make it from Tecumseh, MI to the PA border on the front tank of fuel and all the way to Mays Landing, NJ with only one stop for fuel, not too shabby.

My girlfriend met me at the rally on Sunday afternoon, quite the pleasant surprise. All 5 of our kids had a blast and it was a very succesful week. Thank you very muck Ron, what a quality event you put on!!!!

I can not even start to list the people I met. It was great meeting new faces and seeing those of you who were at last years rally.

I am just starting to unwind after a day of unloading the camper and getting a house back into shape. The girlfriend arrived to an 85deg domicile, moldy freezer and downed trees all over our yard. I can't wait to re group here and view some of the pics and post my own.

Russ

Idont do injectors
Reaction score
that dude is FUNNY!!!!!!! my wife said hes required to go to next years rally! ill try not to double-dip the deep fried dough doohickies next year... when my daughter says "chevies suck" in her cute 2 year old voice, she wasnt meaning him!

Yep he's a hoot. Gotta watch the DFDDH. Chev' has heard it all. He agrees with her too. lol

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
Andy thanks for the extra fuel, I needed it. One tank got me to the Ohio Pa border and it took about 2 and a half more to get home after that. We did make a nice lunch stop and plenty of ***** breaks for the kids. The truck is running better but those pa mountains still owned my truck. I also got some real adventure, while pushing my truck hard up a 8% grade back country road I pulled off to let someone pass. Well I was running less than a 1/4 tank in the rear and the jostling off road on a low tank I pulled a huge air bubble in my system and stopped cold.

So here I am engine shut off one the side of a mountain with no guide rail. My tire is litterally less than a foot from the drop off and I am trying not to roll backward down the hill. Took A LOT of cranking and purging the injectors to get it going. Thank God I put dual 31 batteries in and they kept going. Scared me some to when the engine shut off my temp spiked and the temperature light came on and I could hear it boiling over. Once it purged I took off fine though and made it home.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
I must say Hat's off to Ron for putting on a good rally. Ron all your hard work paid off - I had a great time!

Now for John's question the rally will be held in Indiana in the Indianapolis area. I am the host for next years rally. More details to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freqencyheight

Members online