Official 2012 rally

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
Ok folks, back by popular demand!!:thumbsup:

The much anticipated 2012 rally is offically afoot!

Indian Creek Camp and Conference Center will be hosting our event and the dates of this years event will be July 1-7 2012.

They are a smaller family run campground that is strategically located with all of the amenities and striking distance that our group needs to make the week happen sucessfully.

I can't begin to tell you how excited Rick and Lis are to have us there, especially when they heard we will be putting on a truck show and shine event on the 4th of July.;Sweet

Speaking with Rick again today, he is looking forward to having us fill up over half of their campground.

As you can tell from their website they are a smaller campground right off of Ford Highway but don't let the size fool you.

They have full hokup, power/water, rustic tent and cabins available for our camping pleasure.

Spending Labor Day weekend camping at Indian Creek, Karen, the kids and I found a clean friendly atmosphere where even the seasonal residents would pull up a chair and strike up a conversation on a whim.

Ok so the music of Goldie rolling in after 9 pm caught the interest of a local resident staying the weekend wanting to see just what I had under the hood that sounded good.:D

Yup he was driving a Duramax and his boys are into diesels and said he just might have to show back up next year to see what we are all about.;Sweet

This will be the official rally thread and will be updated on a regular basis as things develop.

So contact Rick or Lis and reserve you lot under Ron Butts or the Ford IDI truck group.

There is a group discount offered to use at $5.00/ day with groups of 10 lots or more so lets pack em in!;Sweet

Indian Creek Camp and Conference Center
9415 Tangent Highway
Tecumseh, MI 49286
Phone: (517)423-5659
E-Mail:
[email protected]

Basic No Hook Ups
Daily - $26.00
Weekly - $152.00

Standard Water/Electric
Daily - $34.00
Weekly - $208.00

Deluxe Full Hook-ups
Daily - $39.00
Weekly- $243.00

Prime Full Hook-up
Daily- $44.00
Weekly- $278.00

50amp Full Hook-ups
Daily- $45.00
Weekly- $285.00

Conestoga Cabins
Daily- $70.00
Weekly- $390.00

Additional Rates
Up to 4 regesterd Camper names per site present at check in - all others are Extra People $5.00 per day each additional person not at check in.
Children age 3 and Under - No Charge

Extra Vehicle (Unit and Tow Vehicle NOT considered extra) - $3.00 per day
Visitors - $5.00 per day each visitor

Day visitors! Please let me know what day or days you plan to attend so you are not excluded from the festivities.;Sweet

Confirmed Attendees:
Dsl_Dog_Catcher-46
160k87f250-38
diesel4me2- 42
89blue7.3-43
Agnem-F3
hesutton-49
Jred-29
Darrin Tosh-47
EMD Driver & Kanyonkitty-33
Dieselcrawler-Cabin 34(purple cabin)
Towcat -cabin 34(purple cabin)
Liddledoggie -31
Freebird01-28
Goose-44
Dr. Butts-30
tjsea-E2
reset2-27
SmokinIDI-26
Ironman03R-48
IDIDieselJohn-32
Kevin-20

Rally Itinerary
Friday June 29[SUP]th[/SUP] No events scheduled due to arrivals. Meet and greet at the campfire by the playground and pavilion area.

Saturday June 30[SUP]th[/SUP] No events scheduled due to family arrivals. Official meet and greet at the campfire by the playground and pavilion.
Sunday July 1[SUP]st[/SUP] Group tour to the Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village. Group carpooling is suggested as this is a 1 hour drive and a parking fee is assessed to drivers.
Given thelength of both tours for those families wanting to do both we will need to be lined up by the camp entrance by 8:30 a.m. then convoy to the Henry Ford.
Museum & Greenfield Village combo ticket prices are:
Adults $35.00
Seniors 62+$30.00
Youth 5-12$25.50
Active military and 4 & under are Free
Tour time All Day facilities close at 5 p.m.
Now please don’t feel that you have to do both tours as some have young children and know their limitations. This will be a full day event. So you may choose to visit either the museum or Greenfield Village or just kick back at camp and enjoy some R&R.
Breakdown for separate facility tours if you chose to only take one of the tours.
If you chose to do just one tour, you can either head back to camp or explore around the Dearborn / Detroit area but be mindful of your surroundings in Detroit.
Henry ford Museum ticket pricing:

Adults$17.00
Seniors 62+$15.00
Youth 5-12$12.50
4 and underare Free
Tour time takes a minimum of 3 hours.
Greenfield Village Ticket pricing:
Adults$24.00
Seniors 62+$22.00
Youth 5-12$17.50
Active military and 4 and under are Free
Unlimited daily ride pass $14.00
Tour time takes a minimum of 4 hours.

5:00 p.m. Gather back to the parking area and convoy back to camp followed by evening campfire at the playground pavilion area.

Monday July 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] Group tour to the River Rouge Truck Plant. Again due to driving distance back to the Henry Ford we will be carpooling and convoying back to the Museum parking area.
Lineup at the campground entrance by 8:30 a.m.

River Rouge ticket pricing:
Adults$17.00
Seniors 62+$15.00
Youth 5-12$12.50
4 and under are Free

Tour time takes roughly 2-2 ½ hours to complete and we are bussed to the facility from the museum.
After the tour since it will be nearing lunch time, we’ll wander over to the Michigan Café then head back to camp to unwind for the rest of the afternoon.
Tuesday, we’ll burn some more firewood back at the campfire by the playground and pavilion area.
Tuesday July 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] Dyno event and Mel’s timing clinic at Pure tuning 10:00 a.m.Lineup at the campground entrance by 9:15 a.m. to convoy to the dyno shop inToledo. Parking is somewhat limited so let’s try to carpool on over.
There’s a Baskin Robbins across the street that we can feed our sweet tooth with when the event is finished or sneak over during the event depending on time. It may also be a good idea to pack a lunch for this event as well if you choose.
Afterwards we’ll convoy back to the campground to another evening of wood burning at the campfire pit. Some of you may want to get a head start on detailing your trucks for the show and shine event. Remember Jim will be there shooting pictures fo rthe magazine.

Wednesday July 4[SUP]th[/SUP] Show and Shine Fire department static display, awards & Dynomax winner and donation presentation and potluck dinner (rally family and firefighters)
Come celebrate or nations birthday and show off your trucks at the 11[SUP]th[/SUP]annual Show and Shine event. Registration for the event this year is $20.00 and the registration form is included in your welcome packets. Extras will be available if more are needed. As it was started last year the “Most patriotic”class was conceived and will continue again as well. Dress up your trucks and if you dare yourselves too. This day is going to be an eventful day.
12:00p.m. Truck show registration and lineup in the big field behind the campground where your trucks will be judged by Ridgeway Township firefighters and all trucks entered will be given a 2012 IDI weekend dash plaque and class winners will be announced later in the day.
1:00-3:-00p.m. Judging to commence.
3:00- 4:00p.m. Swap meet and viewing of Moostradamus Museum of Mystery and Mayhem items, feel free to bring and share your carnage items for all to see.
4:00 -6:00p.m. Dinner, awards presentation, followed by our Chinese gift exchange.
Dusk Fireworks displayed provided by Indian Creek Campground.
Thursday July 5[SUP]th[/SUP] Birthday celebration for all rally goers whose birthdays fallthat week.
12.00p.m. Line up at the campground entrance.
We’ll convoy on into Tecumseh for lunch at the Doghouse for a fine variety of hotdogs forlunch. Afterwards Those who need to feed their sweet tooth can wander down the road to the Frosty Boy ice cream shop too see how much ice cream we can dribble on the tailgates of our trucks.
Then we’ll head back to camp for diner and another fun filled evening of burning firewood at the campfire.
Friday July 6[SUP]th[/SUP] Group visit to Cabela’s in Dundee (Freeday!!!)
10:00a.m. Lineup at the campground entrance.
Convoy into Dundee to spend a few hours looking around the store. Those that don’t want togo can head into town and wander around the shop or just kick back at camp.
Evening Final campfire to burn some firewood burn at the fire pit and announcement of who will be passed the wagon master torch for hosting the 12[SUP]th[/SUP] annual IDI Weekend.

Saturday July 7[SUP]th[/SUP] Free day and pack up for some as we say our goodbye’s till next year.

Sunday July 8[SUP]th[/SUP] The diehards break camp till next year.

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Roughly 1100 miles each way for me. The wife is for it though! More than likely we would be rockin the TDI LOL

Matrix37495

The Amish Wolfman
Reaction score
5.5 hours is a lot of driving..... I would like to meet a lot of you guys though. And it's during my down time.

I will TRY to be there....:) And I will bring Beast if i can... :)

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
im gunna do my damnedest to make it. even if it means the idi stays home. but gunna try like crazy to get that done and ready to go.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
5.5 hours is a lot of driving..... I would like to meet a lot of you guys though. And it's during my down time.

I will TRY to be there....:) And I will bring Beast if i can... :)

aww comeon. around 12-13 hrs for me. even longer for goose coming from jersey..

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
I am in, we might come out for 2 weeks and make a big vacation out of it

91F250XLIDI

Reaction score
Got to find out what days the activities Im interested in are gonna happen as I cant make the whole week. Really looking forward to Mels timing clinic.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
E Moeller