The Official 2014 IDI Weekend truck rally

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The 2014 Rally page is finally here!!!:sly;Sweet. I have been looking at various campgrounds and wound up choosing one further down in South Jersey than I originally planned. Avalon Campground will give us a very centralized location with activities planned both north and south of the campground's location. There is every needed store within 10 minutes, easy access of the Garden State Parkway between exit 17 and exit 13.

For those interested, there is an abundance of cabin rentals available, set up camper trailers to rent on site, tent sites, partial and full hook up sites as well. The non sewer sites have a very close dump station and will save you a few bucks, I wouldn't be bashful about getting one if need be. There is also 2 bath houses adjacent to these sites. A very large percentage of our reserved sites are located within the front half of the campground giving us great access to the many amenities that are available at the campground. We have a large fire ring and pavilion reserved for our nightly gatherings, the the baseball field and activity pavilion is reserved for the show and shine and rally dinner. The owner, Marlene, was very receptive of all our needs and didn't hesitate at all in offering up whatever was necessary to accommodate us. I felt very rest assured that we will feel welcome and the needs of the core components of the rally will be satisfied. Heaven and Starla voted thumbs up for the playground and Jasper gave a quick approval for the game room.

I dealed as best as I could on a group rate. The 7th night is free and the rally prices will be based off of 2013 rates instead of 2014 rates so we will save a bit. I presented an estimate of available sites that I predicted we would need, including cabins and tent sites, there are plenty as of now to meet our needs. There is an outline of the reserved sites below which you can reference to the site map on their web page.

-The official dates for the rally are from Saturday June 28 through Sunday July 6th. I will be there a day early and possibly a day after.

CAMPGROUND CONTACT INFORMATION
Avalon Campground
1917 Rt. 9, North
Clermont, NJ

Phone: (609)624-0075
Reservations: (800)814-2267
email: [email protected]
Please visit some of our favorite links:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Avalon-Campground/233556856664741

http://www.tripadvisor.com/4301681
www.avaloncampground.com

-The office personnel is in and out by this time of the year so most likely what will happen is you can call, leave a message and Marlene, her husband or one of there secretaries will give you a call back. Make sure to mention that you are with the IDI Truck Rally to get your 2013 discounted rates.

-You can also go to the reservation inquiry on their web page and fill that out. Make sure you put that you are with the IDI Truck Rally to get your 2013 discount rates.

RATES

This is a direct email response from the campground.

As I stated, we will charge your group our 2013 rates. These rates are for 2 adults, 2 dependent children, 1 vehicle, and 1 piece of camping equipment. The rate is based on 6 nights with your 7th night free. The rates are as follow:

Tent $44.00 night $264.00 weekly
E/W $54.00 night $324.00 weekly
E/W 30amp $59.00 night $354.00 weekly
E/W/S 30/50amp $65.00 night $390.00 weekly

Additional adults on a site are $10.00 per night, children are $3.00 per night
Additional cars are $5.00 per night, additional sleeping tents are $5.00 per night

The following sewer sites are being held for campers coming for 5 or more days:
P1 (6/30 to 7/4 only), P3, P8, P9, P10, P11, P12, P12, P13, P14, P15 (only available until 7/5), P16, P17 & P18 (reserved by Geese family)
41 (only available until 7/5), 42 & 43
56, 57,& 58
T29, T30, T31, T27
A one night deposit is required for campsites

Also, the loop of 30 amp sites 26 thru 40. These sites will be used for trailers that are not staying at least 5 nights.
A one night deposit is required for campsites. Campsites require 30 day notice to cancel.

Three 2 room cabins are on hold and three 1 room cabins are being held.

Rate: $100.00 nightly $645.00 weekly
$110.00 nightly $710.00 weekly

Rate is based on 2 adults and 2 dependent children. Additional adults are $15.00 per night and children are $6.00 per night.
$200.00 deposit is required to reserve. Cabins require 60 day notice to cancel.
Please note, NO pets and NO smoking in our cabins.

We will reserve the fire pit for the nights of June 28th thru July 5th. Groups are permitted at fire pit and pavilion area until quiet time, 11:00pm.

Please ask your group to contact our office by email (with their group name in the "Special Request" area) with their camping request followed by a phone call to give a credit card deposit. If no one is here, we will return their call within 24 hours. We are in the office Monday thru Friday 10am to 3pm

If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact us either by email or phone.

Thank you again,

Marlene Catanoso
Avalon Campground

RESERVATION LIST

Geese Family P18
Agne Family P15
Michael Fowler P16
DirtDiverSS/Corey P13
Subway C20
Danielle Miller site 8
Robert Clemson site L

RALLY PLANS

I have quite the amount of ideas of what I would like to offer so I am going to put up something like an idea board at this time and see what you guys take interest in. I will do this in a separate thread and keep this page with plans that are carrying a good amount of weight. I will assign them dates and put them in the schedule of events when they are finalized.

The Cape May Zoo is right around the corner from campground and the entrance fee is a donation of what ever you can afford be it pocket change or something more substantial. I try to be generous as the place is top notch and deserves all the support it can get. http://www.capemaycountyzoo.org/

Wildwood Aviation Museum. This museum provides hands on experiences for adults and kids. You get to sit in select aircraft, climb a traffic control tower and visit a 1940's exhibit room.http://usnasw.org/

Atco Raceway. This is a good hometown 1/4 mile track where we could roll some coal, have some laughs and do the timing clinic.http://www.atcoraceway.com/

http://www.oilburners.net/forums/sh...plans-and-ideas-to-kick-around-and-talk-about

-We have a Facebook page for the rally. Last year there was plenty of FB posts so this year we will have a common place on Facebook to see all the action, talk about the plans and what ever else need take place.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/536754966403679/

SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
-Saturday, June 28th: Meet, greet and relax at the campground.

-Sunday, June 29th: Canoeing.http://mickscanoerental.com/

-Monday, June 30th: Morey's Pier and Mariner's Landing in Wildwood. http://www.moreyspiers.com/

-Tuesday, July 1st: Sleep in and recover. You will be spent from the previous days outing. Atco Raceway test and tune. 4:30pm. This should include the annual timing clinic pending a thumbs up from the appropiate personnel.
http://www.atcoraceway.com/

-Wednesday, July 2nd: Wildwood Aviation Museum and Cape May Zoo

-Thursday, July 3rd: Show and shine, Rally dinner

-Friday, July 4th:Am; visit the Historic Town of Smithville. http://www.smithvillenj.com/ PM; Fireworks display on the beaches of Atlantic City.

Saturday, July 5th: AM; Tour the Battleship New Jersey. http://www.battleshipnewjersey.org/ and the Camden Aquarium http://www.adventureaquarium.com/ PM; Cowtown Rodeo. http://www.cowtownrodeo.com/

Sunday, July 6th: Good byes and fare wells

**** Updates****

Ok everyone its time to buy tickets for Moreys Pier in Wildwood. We have secured a group rate of $45 a person (normally $75). It will include 2 piers of rides and 2 piers of waterparks.UNDER 2 years of age is FREE for the waterpark but you will need to buy ride tickets if needed. Of course the beach and boards as well...We need a DEFINATE head count as I have put out money personally and will need to be reimbursed for the tickets. Please let me know asap if you plan on going! Thank you!

Friday the 4th the visit to the Historic Towne of Smithville will be an afternoon event. Due to the proximity of the campground, Smithville and Atlantic City, we will be going right from Smithville to Atlantic City. The fireworks event will be a tailgating type of event so prep with some chairs, bring a football, soccer ball or glove and baseball or softball. We can eat at one of the venues at Smithville and bring some snacks and drinks to the fireworks event or bring some portable grills and really do it up.

Canoeing on Sunday, the 29th: I'm looking for a head count for canoeing. I just may be able to get enough canoes to make this a free event. If you have the means to bring a canoe, Kayak or feel like tubing down the streams, feel free to bring your own means of travel. Let me know if you're attending, a head count will be very helpful.

Last edited:

bookite03

Nice Crummy
Reaction score
*Sigh* Need to organize a west coast meet...sounds like a lot of fun.

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You know, I finally have a truck that I wouldn't mind taking to a rally, but NJ is such a roll. But I supposed if I start saving my pennies now I may just be able to make it. If I am REALLY lucky, I can bring my biggest fan with me, my little boy who just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and he is such a diesel boy it's wonderful!

Let's see if I actually make one of these before I lose my ability to drive... ;-)

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Thanks for the early sticky status:D;Sweet

*Sigh* Need to organize a west coast meet...sounds like a lot of fun.

Do it. ;Poke:cheers: t has been talked about before. The IDI community is growing and it seems to be to a point that its simply not feasible for everybody to make an event, especially one that's so far east. Making us a multi event group has already happened, Darrin hosts a fall get together every year and has had good success for 6 or 7 years now. Towcat has hosted events in Cali, you will be rewarded by meeting great people and have lasting memories.

You know, I finally have a truck that I wouldn't mind taking to a rally, but NJ is such a roll. But I supposed if I start saving my pennies now I may just be able to make it. If I am REALLY lucky, I can bring my biggest fan with me, my little boy who just turned 5 a couple of weeks ago and he is such a diesel boy it's wonderful!

Let's see if I actually make one of these before I lose my ability to drive... ;-)

Come on over, you could be in contention for the furthest driven award.:eek:LOL John usually comes down from Canada so there could be some competition for that award. My son, Jasper is 6, daughters Starla, 7 and Heaven is 12. They are stoked and frequently talk about the fun they have had in the past and all of the people they know by now. The kids got exposed to CB radios at the Dogcatcher's rally in Michigan so 3 months later we were back in Jersey and Starla asked me to turn the radio on because she wanted to see what Ron was doing. I had to give an explanation of the CB's limitations to her, it was precious to say the least.LOL

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yippie! 122 miles and 2.5 hours for me. LOL This time I get the short end of the stick in a good way. My reservations are made, and I'm on site P15. :)

Darrin Tosh

IDI Hound
Reaction score
Sounds Awesome Goose! Looks to be a great time as usual.

Lori and I will not be able to commit to going this year, and the main reason is because of Obamacare, We will be loosing our Health Insurance in December and it appears that our new plan will be triple in price, Because of this we will be cutting a lot of extras out our budget and a trip to the East Coast just will not be in the cards.

I know you will have a great turnout, and we are very disappointed that we will miss out.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
Sounds Awesome Goose! Looks to be a great time as usual.

Lori and I will not be able to commit to going this year, and the main reason is because of Obamacare, We will be loosing our Health Insurance in December and it appears that our new plan will be triple in price, Because of this we will be cutting a lot of extras out our budget and a trip to the East Coast just will not be in the cards.

I know you will have a great turnout, and we are very disappointed that we will miss out.

Thanks for the reply, Darrin. I am aware that geography and the economy will have a drastic effect on who will be attending this years rally. You might sway me to visit your next fall get together.;Sweet

Yippie! 122 miles and 2.5 hours for me. LOL This time I get the short end of the stick in a good way. My reservations are made, and I'm on site P15. :)

Good deal Mel, there is plenty of your favorite brew in these parts as well so you need not worry about going thirsty at the campfire gathering.:cheers:

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How about we all meet n the middle? The central US? Am dreaming at a chance to join up at a rally!! Jersy is probably way out though

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
How about we all meet n the middle? The central US? Am dreaming at a chance to join up at a rally!! Jersey is probably way out though

Would sure be easier for us Westerners to make. That being said, I'm really hoping to be able to come next July!

All I can say is that its a trip worth making. Mel's Rally was my first one, about 250 miles one way. I had so much fun that going to Ron's and Trav's was a no brainer, both were a good hike from Jersey in Michigan and Indiana respectively. Towcat made the Michigan rally coming all the way from Kali and IDIdieseljohn is quite the traveler making every function that I have been to and coming from Canada.

On the up side, if you make the hike, you can put your name into the hat to host a rally and bring it close to home for you. Alan, theguruat12, it would be great to see you both and I would absolutely plan to make a rally if it was closer to your neck of the woods in the future.

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will definitely need a vacation by then and if I can get the wife to spend a little less lol I could take a vacation then! It would be awesome to go to rally and meet you all in person!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How about we all meet n the middle? The central US? Am dreaming at a chance to join up at a rally!! Jersy is probably way out though

We did Illinois a few years ago. I guess you all missed that one huh? It moves around every year, so you will just have to be patient if your not willing to make the drive.

Alan Slingsby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't even know what an idi was a couple yrs ago lol..but since then I've discovered an fallen for them head over heals! Its not the drive that's the problem its time and money.. love this community and all the information that's offered.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that's the case for all who can't attend. Anybody who has ever been to one of these knows they are a hoot.

Richard K

Reaction score
I'm new to this site and have never been to the rally before but sure hoping to make the 1800 mile drive out there this year. In the middle of an engine rebuild right now if I can get my truck back on the road in time I would sure like to make the trip it sounds like a lot of fun.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online