2011 IDI Weekend

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please refer to THIS THREAD for Campground and general event information.

With only THIS MUCH time left, before the 10th anniversary of the IDI Weekend, it is time to start tracking the activities and understanding what will be going on and what you may want to do to prepare. I will use this thread to post various things, and will try to update information by editing this original post. Feel free to comment or discuss as needed.

Official campground registration has now come and gone, but it's a big campground and I'm sure if you want to come, you still can. You just may not be with the rest of the group, but don't let that stop you!

Corey Z (DieselCrawler) is heading up a special interest group for those who wish to go trail riding or off-roading as one of the activities for the rally. You can find his thread HERE.

This years event shirt design has been announced. Click Here

Window Decals are now available! Click Here

There are currently 25 family names registered for this event. They are:
Agne - Site A10
Tosh - Site A15 <======= Canceled
Young - Site A12
Blauser - Site A13
Barber - Site A14
Moyer - Site A23
Herbert - Site A21
Fowler - Site A22
Butts - Site A11
Frailey - Site A24

Gehman - Site F24 <======= Canceled
****** - Site F32

Crowley - Cottage H09 <======= Canceled

Fenton - Site F34
Vitovic - Site F34
Ullman - Site F34

Peterson - Site F42

Myers - Site T-04
Sutton - Site T-40
Zakeosian - Site T-01
Geese - Site T-11

Witmer - Site P-25

Day Visitors currently registered with the 2011 IDI Weekend Note! If you are planning on attending as a day visitor, please PM Agnem to register

Matt Williams - from Maryland
James Swenda - from Meyerstown PA
Benton Bensley - from Bushkill PA <======= Canceled
Nick Altvater - from New Albany IN
Al Hauser - from New Jersey

Itinerary Update

Thursday June 30th.
People arriving. No scheduled daytime activities. There will be an ice cream social at the Agne’s (Site A-10) and Meet and Greet Campfire.

Friday July 1st.
1:00PM Convoy to Pottsville, where we will be touring the Yuengling Brewery at 2:00pm. Come tour the site of America's Oldest Brewery. Discover the hand-dug fermentation caves that were used for storage before refrigeration. Wander through time and enjoy a taste of living history in a building that has produced fine beers through times of peace, prosperity, upheaval and world war. Free samples at the end of the tour. CLOSED TOE SHOES ARE A REQUIREMENT! to participate in the tour. There are a few flights of stairs to navigate as well, so be forewarned if you have any medical issues.

Saturday July 2nd.
9:00AM line up for a trip to Stump’s Garage for Mel’s timing clinic, and Stump’s DynoJet dynometer. $45.00 for 3 Pulls on the Dyno. Timing set to your specifications by Mel before or after your runs. Pump timing bumps without a meter are allowed between runs while strapped. Mel will read your timing again after the run if needed.

Sunday July 3rd.
Show and Shine and Pot Luck dinner at the campground pavilion. Begin staging trucks along the field facing North at 1:00pm. Judging by our friends at Stoner-Wade Ford, Conestoga Diesel, and the Mason-Dixon turbo club. This year we have a special category “Most Patriotic” Decorate your IDI for the 4th of July with bunting and flags. Drivers outfits included! Get your red, white, and blue on. The winner of this category will have their truck featured on our river cruise the following day. Dinner to start around 5PM, with award presentation following.

Monday July 4th.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! A special 50 minute cruise beginning at 11:30AM over Blue Mountain and down to Millersburg for a ride on the historic Millersburg Ferry. Our chartered boat will take our party out on the river for hot meatball subs, courtesy of the Agne’s. Just bring your favorite beverage and a side dish. The winner of our Patriotic contest will get to take their truck out on the ferry with us, decorated for the holiday. The 2 hour trip is free*. Mike Kieser from I-Rail video will be documenting the cruise, and there will be organized video run-by’s over Blue Montain along the way. Afterwards, we will trek to Hershey to visit the The Antique Automobile Club of America Museum, dedicated to the Celebration, Preservation, Education, and Display of the American Motor Vehicle history. Their special display this month will be a collection of Indy pace cars through the ages. Cost of admission is $7.50 for adults. After we tour the museum, we will stay in their parking lot to watch the fantastic Hershey Park fireworks display which begins around 9:00pm. Be sure to take your lawn chairs with you on the Cruise to Millersburg!

Tuesday July 5th.
The official last day of the 2011 IDI Weekend, many people will be packing up to leave, but for those who get to stay, we visit Hershey, PA for a trip to Chocolate World. Carpooling is recommended, as Hershey charges for parking, and crew cabs stuffed to capacity will save everyone money for the 40 minute ride to the park. After Chocolate World, everyone is free to enter the world famous Hershey Park amusement park for the remander of the day.

Travel Advisory!

Please be advised that if you are coming into the area from 81 North....

*81 will exit to the left at I-78. If you stay in whatever lane you are in, you will end up in Allentown, and NOT at the rally! You MUST merge left! This change occurs only 2 miles from the rally exit.

*Exit 90 for Lebanon / Lickdale, which is where you will want to get off, is dangerous AT SPEED. Reduce your speed to 25MPH MAXIMUM. The exit lane is long and leads you to believe the exit will be gentle, but in true PennDot fashion, it is a hairpin turn at the end, with NO SPEED limit warning.

* When turning at PA Route 72. Be advised that there are signs to a KOA that will lead you in the wrong direction. PAY NO ATTENTION to the KOA signs. They are for another campground to the south. Your turn WILL be left onto 72 NORTH.

Last edited:

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's going to be another great Rally. I can't wait buddy. I'll be driving the renovated crew cab this year. It wouldn't matter if we just sat around the campground the entire week, it still would be a hoot. But, I know you and Suzi have planned some great events for us all to enjoy.

A big thanks to you and your entire family for putting this on for us this summer.:hail:hail:hail

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Soliciting judging line items

This year, our show and shine judging will be done by volunteers from our various sponsors, a complete list of which will be forthcoming. To make the judging easy for them, I will be giving them a form with various line items on which to judge. Simple things that they can just make an observation on, and rate from 1 to 9. The scale will be laid out like this...

1 = poor/undesireable/lowest quantity... 9=Excellent/Most wanted/highest quantity...

The questions will read like these examples....

Interior neatness.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 (the judge will just circle the number)
Exterior accessory lighting.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9
body streightness.. 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Total cumulative numbers will yeild the winners. However, DON'T FRET. If you drive a rust bucket, you may still win... BECAUSE - I will have catagories as we often do, for the trucks that have been through hell and survived it. Once all the forms are totalled and tallied, the results will be divided in half. As an example, lets say their are 10 trucks. The top 5 will be eligable for the garage queen prizes, and the bottom 5 will be eligable for the dirty dog prizes, of which I hope to have a good many of each. Each truck will be eligable for only 1 prize, winning the prize for which it scored the highest. In the event that there are more prizes than trucks, then secondary prizes will be assigned to the next item down on the list. I hope everyone finds this method fair. So... give me the items you would like to see judging done on, in accordance with the examples and methods I've set forth. I'll integrate any and all suggestions, editing and tweaking as needed to make them all mesh together. Please note that only FORD trucks of the 83-94 vintage are eligable for judging. Repowers are allowed, but naturally they will vie for their own catagory's. Questions may be grouped and weighted as I see fit.

Dieselcrawler

Professional wrench holder
Staff member
Reaction score
no worries. i am gona win.

also, any way maybe i can get a stickie for they guys that may wana go play? that way i can figure out how many trucks are going and such?

Brianedwardss

Reaction score
I've been a silent lurker regarding IDI weekend, pending approval of my time off. Well, I just got June 26th - July 7th approved for vacation! And I intend on making the 2800 mile journey to Suedburg, PA :cheers: Only thing gonna make it interesting is diesel prices possibly going above $5/Gallon. Otherwise, see ya @ the party!

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been a silent lurker regarding IDI weekend, pending approval of my time off. Well, I just got June 26th - July 7th approved for vacation! And I intend on making the 2800 mile journey to Suedburg, PA :cheers: Only thing gonna make it interesting is diesel prices possibly going above $5/Gallon. Otherwise, see ya @ the party!

DUDE! That is AWESOME! Let me know if there is anything I can do to make your trip more sucessfull and your vacation more pleasant.

Corey,
Start a thread in the Lounge and put a link in your sig. I'll happily add it to mine as well. I don't think the off-road activity has enough interest from the regular crowd to make it stick.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And as promised, my sig, and the first post of this thread are updated.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Although I cant make it up to stay for the entire rally I do plan on driving up for at least one day to meet some fellow IDI owners.

Great!! We'll look foward to meeting you. Maybe we will be able to talk you into staying longer.:angel::D

DUDE! That is AWESOME! Let me know if there is anything I can do to make your trip more sucessfull and your vacation more pleasant.

X 2!!!!
:hail:hail:hail

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have confirmed 16 family registrations with the campground, and 7 of the originally held spots are still available! If you've procrastintated and are looking to get signed up, now is your chance!

16 families, and many of those are 3 people or more, so it's looking to be around 50 people so far! :thumbsup:

freebird01

Post Turtle!
Reaction score
ya i need to get up there and give her my deposit for this and the zuk weekend in august....just been busy...

did she have me listed?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
She's supposed to be emailing me a list of who she has at this point. I was mobile when I spoke with her, so writing them down wasn't an option. It seems it takes about a week for her to get back to me, so ask me again in April. LOL :rolleyes: