2013 IDI WEEKEND

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've not been around much lately and had to catch up on several pages in this thread!
Theres just no way I can make this trip happen this year. We thought about dropping in for a day/night, but its just not gonna be possible. Hopfully we can be at the next event.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Steve and Nick,

Sorry you guys won't be able to make it but remember Darrin puts on the Fall get-together in MI every Sept so hopefully we will see you there.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So it looks like I'm going to be showing up Thursday night and leave Friday late morning early afternoonish. Kind of a quick fly in but at least showing up for a little bit. Now i just need to call the campground and see how that will work for me staying over night.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Jake

Very cool it will be nice put a face with the name. Everyone knows what I look like - the post office has been displaying my picture for years.

I haven't checked with the campground but they may require a 3 night stay being that thursday is the 4th of July (this is typical of campgrounds over the holidays) but I will check with Dave out there and see. I hadn't thought of it before you mentioned coming in on the holiday. but I will find out later on today.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Jake

Very cool it will be nice put a face with the name. Everyone knows what I look like - the post office has been displaying my picture for years.

I haven't checked with the campground but they may require a 3 night stay being that thursday is the 4th of July (this is typical of campgrounds over the holidays) but I will check with Dave out there and see. I hadn't thought of it before you mentioned coming in on the holiday. but I will find out later on today.

Yeah I'm kind of making a big U. The exploder i currently have is in rough shape so im swapping it out with the IDI. So im coming home (northern indiana) on the third, heading south to the gathering on the fourth, and then heading back up to Chicago on the 5th.

Also as far as staying over, I plan on doing it like i did last year. In that I'll just sleep in the cab of the truck. So if i have to buy two day passes that's fine with me. Alls i need is a place to park for the night :D

Of course i guess it still all depends on what the campground wants me to do.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Travis, I know Missy has called our order in for the train ride. Might need to post a separate "Urgent" or "Attention Rally Goers" kind of thread.

Thanks for doing this Travis........ I've been there and know the time, effort, energy, stress, and $$$$ involved in putting on a rally. Hang in there buddy........... almost there.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What about the Chinese Grab Bag gift exchange? Hope we're doing it. I've got some stuff for it at least.

Heath

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
We are headed out to the campground here this afternoon and will be getting setting up this evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

When coming from the east on I70 the campground is just south (Off to your left at the Mt Comfort / Exit 96) So when you exit the highway turn left at the end of the exit and cross back over the highway then the pass through both stop lights and stay in the left hand lane as this will turn into a turn only lane and you will turn on county road 200 North (left turn - head back east) then you will see the main entrance to the campground on your left. The main driveway snakes back a bit but just follow it on back and keep to the right it will lead you to the office.

When coming from the West it's still exit 96 (Mt Comfort Exit) just at the end of the exit you will turn right but stay in the left lane portion lane (there are two right turn lanes) then follow through the stop light and stay in the left lane again this lane becomes a turn only lane. Turn left at county road 200 North and you will see the main campground entrance on your left. The main entrance snakes back and keep right and it will lead you directly to the office.

Again any problems call me at 765-465-8833.

I'm getting stoked to say the least! I think we are going to have some good ole wholesome fun this coming week. I mean we can't go wrong we have friends and family and TRUCKS!!!!!

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See you tomorrow afternoon. Hope to be there around 1 or 2. Earlier if I can get the crew up and the camper on the road by 7.

Heath

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Ok guys im sitting here in the campground. My site moved to next to the pool so that we would have a larger area to congregate. Everyone have safe travels and dont rush to get here we aint going anywhere so we will be here when you arive. Just look for tent city next to the pool and my truck and motorcycle. I use the bike as a golf cart so its easy to manuver within the campground.

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
The kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement. I hope I can contain them until out Friday afternoon's departure. We will be checking in Saturday morning, can't wait to see y'all.:cheers: