2013 IDI WEEKEND

91F350idi

Cody S.
Reaction score
Well, as the time is here already, ive gave up on finishing all the things on the truck that arent necessary to make the trip. I have finally got the body parts all put back on, and most of everything i need done to drive it. I planned on leaving this morning, but my clutch pedal decided to go to the floor when i went to pull it out of shop the other day, and i have a few more important things to finish up before i can head up. Im going to try to be ready to leave tomorrow. Was really hoping to convoy Heath, as I will be coming up the same path you are taking, but I just couldnt get it ready in time. Safe travels to everybody, and hope to head up soon;Sweet

Last edited:

idigal

Reaction score
my seven hour trip from North Carolina has turned into a 12 hour trip I went to Greenville Indiana instead of green field Indiana now I have another 2 hours to go.

argve

Resident Fruitcake
Reaction score
Jad great time on the train ride today. Weather has been rain on and off but hasnt seemed to slow.us down so far. Might put a damper on the tubing tomorrow but that just means more time to visit. And do mods. Tonight a set of moose misers and moose pump were installed. Tomorrow it will be test ride time. No not E3 but cole's truck should be rocking after the install.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late.

Waiting for Cody with Travis.

Raining, HARD!!!!

But...... want to make sure our brother from Tennessee makes it here without problems and settled in before we hit the rack.

Rain or shine..... It's been great so far!

Heath

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Late.

Waiting for Cody with Travis.

Raining, HARD!!!!

But...... want to make sure our brother from Tennessee makes it here without problems and settled in before we hit the rack.

Rain or shine..... It's been great so far!

Heath
you have no idea what that means to a road weary traveler seeing you guys stay up to say "hi";Sweet

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my seven hour trip from North Carolina has turned into a 12 hour trip I went to Greenville Indiana instead of green field Indiana now I have another 2 hours to go.

Do the letters GPS mean anything?

Global Position Satellite. They come in handy for driving places you never been to before. :D

On another note, as you all know I am not getting their this year. Sandy put a real damper on things around here and I wound up renting a place that was $175 a month more than I was paying before. It's not easy finding a place to rent that would allow two cats and a dog. One place would allow only one pet, another would allow two but you had to give them a $300 non refundable deposit per pet. Hell will freeze over before I kiss $600 goodbye and getting nothing in return for it. Why don't they just call it a pet fee and not a deposit, deposits are usually given back.

Anyhow the place I moved from is finally fixed and I will be moved back in next Saturday on the 6th. The township was giving everyone a hard time making them jump through hoops to get permits to start the rebuilding process. If you ask me they were just playing games probably hoping a lot of people would sell instead of rebuilding. The area i was in before is the working poor on the waterfront. Years ago back in the late 80's Hovanian builders came in and put up a huge townhouse complex. But before they did that the county came along and used eminent domain to get all the people that lived on that side of the street and a few streets back from that to vacate. They then bulldozed everything and made it a huge park where their is not a single swing set or ball field. This was so they could sell the town houses at around 400K each. Recently Fema came up with new maps on how people should have to rebuild and whether or not the homes will have to be raised on a block foundation or the more expensive pilings. They determine which homes get raised by the amount of damage they received. If the damage was equal to 50% or more of the value then the home has to be raised which makes no sense because the elevation is basically the same in the area.

In looking at the maps the whole Hovanian complex does not have to do anything as the map indicates they are not in a flood zone but yet if you walk the beach from where I was at towards the Hovanian place you will come upon peoples back yards that are right at the beach. The water came up about a half mile so there is no way that the Hovanian place did not have any water damage. It is all politics. Years ago Middletown took money for low income housing and gave it away to other towns. They did not want any low income housing in the town and eventually they were forced by the courts to have low income housing. What they do is they put low income housing in with town house or condominium projects. They look the same on the outside except the units are smaller on the inside.

Perhaps next year and of course that will all depend on what happens between now and then. Last year it was Sandy and the year before that it was Irene. With Irene that stayed off shore but Sandy came on shore causing all the widespread damage.

Have fun and travel safe. Post pictures and video if you can.

Jake_IN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I made my overnight reservations today. Not sure when i'll be rolling in, im shooting for early evening. Staying until Friday late morningish.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Do the letters GPS mean anything?

Global Position Satellite. They come in handy for driving places you never been to before. :D

On another note, as you all know I am not getting their this year. Sandy put a real damper on things around here and I wound up renting a place that was $175 a month more than I was paying before. It's not easy finding a place to rent that would allow two cats and a dog. One place would allow only one pet, another would allow two but you had to give them a $300 non refundable deposit per pet. Hell will freeze over before I kiss $600 goodbye and getting nothing in return for it. Why don't they just call it a pet fee and not a deposit, deposits are usually given back.

Anyhow the place I moved from is finally fixed and I will be moved back in next Saturday on the 6th. The township was giving everyone a hard time making them jump through hoops to get permits to start the rebuilding process. If you ask me they were just playing games probably hoping a lot of people would sell instead of rebuilding. The area i was in before is the working poor on the waterfront. Years ago back in the late 80's Hovanian builders came in and put up a huge townhouse complex. But before they did that the county came along and used eminent domain to get all the people that lived on that side of the street and a few streets back from that to vacate. They then bulldozed everything and made it a huge park where their is not a single swing set or ball field. This was so they could sell the town houses at around 400K each. Recently Fema came up with new maps on how people should have to rebuild and whether or not the homes will have to be raised on a block foundation or the more expensive pilings. They determine which homes get raised by the amount of damage they received. If the damage was equal to 50% or more of the value then the home has to be raised which makes no sense because the elevation is basically the same in the area.

In looking at the maps the whole Hovanian complex does not have to do anything as the map indicates they are not in a flood zone but yet if you walk the beach from where I was at towards the Hovanian place you will come upon peoples back yards that are right at the beach. The water came up about a half mile so there is no way that the Hovanian place did not have any water damage. It is all politics. Years ago Middletown took money for low income housing and gave it away to other towns. They did not want any low income housing in the town and eventually they were forced by the courts to have low income housing. What they do is they put low income housing in with town house or condominium projects. They look the same on the outside except the units are smaller on the inside.

Perhaps next year and of course that will all depend on what happens between now and then. Last year it was Sandy and the year before that it was Irene. With Irene that stayed off shore but Sandy came on shore causing all the widespread damage.

Have fun and travel safe. Post pictures and video if you can.

Uh.... Well.....

Not sure what's going on in Jersey, but it seems we are all heading that way for 2014!

John Geese (Goose here) got the nod for hosting the rally next July. Heck of a haul for me, bit will closer for the Pennsylvania boys and Rhode Island crew (Elijah, John, and Travis). Never been to NJ but will try and haul the 5'er there next year.

Heath

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Staff online