radiator problems(used to be radiator needed...)

gandalf

Reaction score
i popped the tank climbing the Tehachapi grade. my gross combined is 16.840lb. It was ugly.
the bar's leak repairs held until I got into the heat at Blythe, Ca.
just ordered the radiator, it will be in at Oriely's Blythe @8am.

Ugly? Does not sound good. It happened climbing the Tehachapi grade? How did you get it on into town?

I don't recall any direct route, any convenient route, from Tehatchapi to Blythe. How did you pick that route? Was it simply to avoid LA?

It's coming up on 9am the day of radiator delivery. Do you have it installed yet? Did you even take along the equipment necessary to do the job?

Keep us posted please.

Clb

Another old truck
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear ya survived (along with the eng) back to work man.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Good travels the rest of the trip Calvin. Kind of like Apollo 13 when it was said."Thats our first glitch". Heres hoping the rest of the round trip is event free. But man... Get some ac in that rig. If you require R12 send me a pm bout it.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ran the 58 to the 395 and dropped south to get to where I am at right now. why this route? fewer hills.

I use that route if going east of LA. avoids the "Pasadena Crawl". Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

gandalf

Reaction score
Are you there yet? You're going to College Station? Does your truck float, or do you have water wings for it? Hurricane Harvey should be hitting in that area about now. You might want to find some high ground and sit it out. Let us all know if you need anything.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yikes.She's a cat 4! 130 mph winds.I just turned on the weather channel.I just heard about this,this morning.They showed that sucker from space and it's huge! What a bad time to be headed down that way.Let us know your alive and well,when you can Calvin.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I use that route if going east of LA. avoids the "Pasadena Crawl". Hope the rest of the trip goes well.
We think alike :D
I'm currently in Abeline, TX. I went north to avoid the really wet stuff. pockets of rain, but nothing major yet. the stuff that is hitting the ground is fouling up traffic bad. It's like Texans don't know how to drive in the rain :O

gandalf

Reaction score
We think alike :D
I'm currently in Abeline, TX. I went north to avoid the really wet stuff. pockets of rain, but nothing major yet. the stuff that is hitting the ground is fouling up traffic bad. It's like Texans don't know how to drive in the rain :O

Glad to hear you're okay. I was actually a bit worried, images of you sitting on the truck roof watching the water rise around you.

Abeline? Visiting with friends? Avoiding the really heavy rain is a good plan. It can make driving a bit tricky, something the Texans seem to be discovering. It might even be as bad as watching San Jose people driving in the snow. :)

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's real bad down here. Especially since people seem to have forgotten what rain is and how to drive in it!

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah it's real bad down here. Especially since people seem to have forgotten what rain is and how to drive in it!
when I passed through El Paso yesterday, NB was completely shut down due to wrecks from the NM border to the southern city limits. All nite and all day I've been pulling to the side to let the people in a hurry pass me, right now, It's a chore to keep 55 mph let alone 75 that everyone else insists on driving. Four sporties spun into the weeds when attempting to pass me. I did stop to check to see if they were OK. I did leave them there after determining health. No contacl.....no foul. :D
For those who are curious on what's it like to be in a hurricane. picture yourself fully clothed in a running shower with a area fan running at full blast. yup. it's that crazy.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
even though the rain was warm, it was nice to run through a hot shower to feel human again :D
in the final analysis, I strongly don't suggest towing a F250 Reg cab 4x2 long distance without a turbo. my combined total weight was 16,840lbs and I literally was the slowest thing on the road anytime there was something that looked like a slight incline. The only other thing that was slower than me briefly was the TX state trooper who made me pass him just so he can get behind me and light me up so that he could make sure this rolling shitstorm was legal. :O

You must be registered for see images attach

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to come buy my factory turbo kit down here LOL

Seems like it's slowed down here, only 55 mph winds and light rain. Our area didn't get hammered like some, I heard Seguin is gone. They had a mandatory evac two days ago, hope everyone stays safe.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You need to come buy my factory turbo kit down here LOL

Seems like it's slowed down here, only 55 mph winds and light rain. Our area didn't get hammered like some, I heard Seguin is gone. They had a mandatory evac two days ago, hope everyone stays safe.
i have a motor/ZF5/turbo package ready for install. just didn't have to time to get it in before leaving to TX. :O

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online