radiator problems(used to be radiator needed...)

lotzagoodstuff

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That under the hood pic tells a pretty good story Calvin: it looks like a flood victim that was completely under water :eek:

Nice job towing heavy but being patient and prepared ;Sweet

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That under the hood pic tells a pretty good story Calvin: it looks like a flood victim that was completely under water :eek:

Nice job towing heavy but being patient and prepared ;Sweet
i didn't pack enough water with me when I first overheated in the Tehachapi, but I made up for most of it with icemelt water in the cooler. I filled three jugs of ice water and let it sit in the sun to warm up before dumping it into an overheated motor.
A word of advice, when you limp into town and don't need hard parts yet, check out a Kmart or Wallmart for fluid containers and chemicals etc.....hardparts are a whole other animal. I was able to find 6 gal water jugs for camping @$12ea and bar's leak @ $3.99 ea at Kmart. the local Autozone wanted $5.99 ea for Bar's leak. same ****, higher price.

chris142

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How does that aftermarket radiator work? It cool ok? Is it 2+ inches thick?

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How does that aftermarket radiator work? It cool ok? Is it 2+ inches thick?
actually, it works pretty awesome :D
dimensionally, it's the same as the CBR. I know it won't last as long, but the heat transfer is off the charts. it is hot as hell inside the engine bay now. temp needle hardly moves even on a hard pull down to 2nd gear.

laserjock

Almost there...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I buy most of my fluids from Walmart if I can. Mobil 1 for example can be almost 10$ a qt at the parts store. 5qt jug is usually 21-22$ at Wally World.

dgr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weren't you like 100 miles from the eBay vendors of our popular aluminum radiators?

Glad you made it safe, despite the glitch.