R and d idi performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

redneckmills

Reaction score
Has any body else heard of this site I just found it and they have a lot of products for are Idis intake, ips, injectors, camshafts And a lot more looking for some feed back

junk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah, The guy was on a couple other forums talking about his builds. I think it's the real deal. They seemed to make some impressive numbers with their parts. I wouldn't be scared to use them.

There are some members on this forum who offer upgraded parts and stuff also. So there are choices. Make sure you check out the hall of shame thread to see some of the IDI vendors to stay away from.

redneckmills

Reaction score
What I'm interested in is his camshaft he claims that it bleeds of a little compression in order to be able to run up to 34 pounds of boost

justinray

Contributor
Reaction score
It's not a bad cam. There are 2 cams available, 3 if you include the stock. R and D's cam is for raising boost numbers, and a little more high end. Then Typ4's Cam brings your power down low, if I remember correct, it was the cam loggers were using for these engines in the 80's.

Hey, you live in deerpark! Finally someone close.

Kalashnikov

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There were a few threads about this just a month or so ago. I have been talking with him about putting together an engine with all his stuff and the biggest pump he offers. I will be starting it once the weather gets better.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then Typ4's Cam brings your power down low, if I remember correct, it was the cam loggers were using for these engines in the 80's.

My experience with the 206 cam (typ4) has been a very broad, usable power band. It starts earlier than stock and keeps going as high in the RPM band that I wanna go. If you use your truck as a truck (hauling/pulling) and not as a pseudo-hotrod....... the typ4 cam is the cat's a$$.

Heath

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just a question?

Has anyone other than the guy(s) selling these parts have any real feedback or long term results? Not trying to throw a **** in the R&D punch bowl, but I think that's important to know.

Me personally....... not interested............. bad mouthing Mel (in the past and present) and his work/products without ever using them or likely ever seeing them, and certainly having never met/known Mel is hard to swallow.

Heath

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Parts reputation works hand in hand. Many know from practical experiance that both Mel and Russ sell products that work... They work soo well some wont even look in the other areas for an inprovement. I believe thats because of being satisfied with what they get and the standup charecter of Russ and Mel. I have never seen nor read anything negative about there workmanship or their warranty.

Blsford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
IMHO r and d idi PERFORMANCE is the way to go if your looking for PERFORMANCE. While Russ and mel may sell a good product, the PERFORMANCE aspect is still lacking. Sure, everyone wonders how long those pumps will last, but as of now I haven't read any problems. Please correct me if I've missed something. When/if moose ever comes out with a performance pump (a real pump, not a super moose that has never been ran) then would the mindset be the same? Wondering about longevity? Or does the man behind it automatically make the pump last? Just throwing it out there...I say go for it ,if performance is what you seek. Jm2cw

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online

No members online now.