Quick! Need instruction on installing the firewall brace kit for a '91 F350

Reaction score
jcfb,

There are two kits a minor and a major. I'd just get the major.

You're going to be moving if you get this thing done tonight. When you get the kit it comes with instructions. I had a set. Now after seeing how many people have questions on this I wish I would have kept them.

In a nutshell:

1. You have to remove the steering column.
2. Remove the brake master/booster/clutch master
3. Remove the bracket that holds the clutch/brake pedals
4. Remove your fresh air intake screen (just try and hold the FnHymers)
4. Lightly bolt in the big support piece on the INSIDE of the cab.
5. Drill the holes through the upper part of the support using the support as a guide.
6. Drill the holes along the side to hold the side support (I thought there was a pattern that came with the kit for this, but I can't remember).
7. Put everything back together and bolt up solid.
8. Adjust your master rods.
9. Done.

This is all from memory. Sorry it's not more complete Mel does touch on it in the drivetrain FAQ's. I thought the directions that came with the Ford kit were pretty detailed.

Good luck,

Paul

Reaction score
jcfb,

Since you've got the minor kit I think you just omit step 6. Again, this was just a ballpark off the top of my head. How's it going?

Paul

Reaction score
That would be roughly 7 - 11 lb-ft

I could have my majors and minors mixed up. I can't say that I recognize you're kit. Sounds like a piece of cake though. Good luck.

Paul

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Your only fixing the symptom and not the problem. The T-19b and clutch suffer from a lack of maintanance on many vehicles. High pedal effort is caused by ignoring the proper lubrication of the throw out bearing and the transmission input sleeve on which it rides. What you really need to do is pull the clutch fork, and inspect the condition of the sleeve. If it is galled up, you will need to pull the transmission, and replace the sleeve and the TOB. If it looks OK, you will just need to grease the sleeve and TOB. It is difficult, but not impossible to get your hand in there if you also unscrew the fork pivot point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jchellen2

Members online