Push button glow plug warning light

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have my glow plugs on push button and I like it that way instead of with the key. But there was one time I lost all of my glow plugs they all burnt out. Stuck on solenoid?? don't know. But after I replaced all my glow plugs I added a little LED light in the dash board right above the WTS light. When there is power to the plugs there is power to the light, kinda like a warning light. Two days ago i went to start truck ran the glow plugs started truck and my LED light was still on, I hit the button again and it shut off. I think my $8 LED light saved a set of glow plugs.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
The WTS light should come on with the push button if it's wired correctly. And since the WTS light gets its signal from the relay it serves the same purpose as your led.

Good save all the same, might be time to replace the button switch and/or relay.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The wts light runs off of a ground. My light is on when there is power.

ToughOldFord

The Cold Glow-Plug
Reaction score
Not quite, the relay runs off the ground, when the relay gets its ground it closes the circuit and energizes the GPs. The WTS light is hooked up at the positive side that gets energized.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't have that LED hooked to the output side of the relay it won't tell you if the relay contact should weld itself closed. You can hook it to the Z strip, top or bottom, makes no difference.

ADV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have it hooked up to the same place on the z strip that the glow plug wire harnes is

jada64

Boost Junky
Reaction score
I have the WTS light, and a lighted rocker that you have to hold down for it to run the plugs. I didnt do this mod, previous owner did it. Looks good and it functions well. Wouldnt have it any other way.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online