Pump timing in Modesto, CA

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, I finally got a ferret adapter and a good timing light. Confirmed that my pump is definately going bad as the timing was at 3 btdc (didn't know it would run that far off). Reset it to 8 btdc (as far as I could get it as the pump is wore out). Runs much better, but a pump and injectors are in the works after Christmas (unless things fall apart more :dunno)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you guys know that if you want to time your truck, and you are in the area, we can work out getting together to do it. I am in Modesto, Ca so if you are interested PM me and we can see what can work. I am not doing the loaner thing, but we can manage a meet to see what we can do.

Looking forward to meeting more IDI brothers!!!! ;Sweet

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks...it's offers like this that keep these trucks running well and people meeting people...good stuff...thanks...

Al

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks that's an awful kind gesture! I might take you up on that service one of these days. I am sure my truck is in need of a professional timing.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Same here, Mulochico! In fact, I lived in Mo-Town for a couple of years, quite a while ago. Miss my carefree days at MJC. :angel:

Could car-pool down with my buddy Hydro-idi, but hard to get my van timed that way! cookoo

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Indeed, Warden. Two IDIs are better than one, in this case. :D

What other choices? With Hydro's C-6 and my E4OD, drag racing down SR-99's not a fair fight. LOL

Caravaning at a reasonable speed does sound best. ;Sweet

BTW, Mulochico -- I did IP & injectors recently, so I can certainly lend a hand there. As long as I can stop at Garcia Jo-Jo's. Been a while! :Thumbs Up

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry to take so much time to reply. Been sick and holidays and all.

It would be great to work out something. Only issue right now is my days off (currently Tues & Wed.) Might be able to work out something on a Sat Morning. I go to work around 1-1:30. :dunno

Let me know your schedules. I might be able to get a Sat off if i have enough notice. ;Sweet

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, Mulochico -- I did IP & injectors recently, so I can certainly lend a hand there. As long as I can stop at Garcia Jo-Jo's. Been a while! :Thumbs Up

That would be great. ;Sweet I am no expert, I just work on my own vehicles and learn as much as I can, when I can. And help where I can.

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Actually, I'll have at least one, maybe two, Tuesdays off in December. Comp day for working a Saturday. Don't know when yet.

Not an expert, either, Mulochico. But I had the help of a "natural" mechanic (an old friend), who's taught me a lot over the years. With a few looks in da Book and a few answers from this forum, we also did head gaskets.

Stay tuned. Hopefully we can work out a time. Don't know Hydro-idi's upcoming schedule.

Mulochico

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Set 1st timing day!!!!!

Well, Jim X 3 and I are getting together on Tue Dec 4 here on Motown around 11 am to check his timing. If anyone else can make it, PM me and I will let you know details. If not, well, we will have to do it another day!!! :sly